Tell Me Why I Should (or shouldn't) Choose Carnival Glory

kicker

Looking at Carnival Glory out of New York August 22 (it fits our schedule best and doesn't involve flying as we live in Central NY).

I think I've seen more negative reviews on Glory than any ship I've ever looked at, so I'd be interested in CC member's opinions (besides what I've read on the reviews here). Its only 5 days; I'm a past Carnival cruiser (even though it was 26 yrs ago!).

All opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Just got off the Glory last week. Had no issues whatsoever on it. It was our 6th Carnival cruise and the Glory was just as good as any of the others.

Food was good and plentiful, balcony room was very nice and we found all the staff to be very helpful and friendly.

Keep in mind with alot of the negative reviews you read on here that those are only about 1% of who is actually traveling on the ship. Most people don't even know of cruise critic and those that do are usually the ones complaining.

Looking at Carnival Glory out of New York August 22 (it fits our schedule best and doesn't involve flying as we live in Central NY).

I think I've seen more negative reviews on Glory than any ship I've ever looked at, so I'd be interested in CC member's opinions (besides what I've read on the reviews here). Its only 5 days; I'm a past Carnival cruiser (even though it was 26 yrs ago!).

We are sailing Glory 04/03/2011 the Western Caribbean. I have read alot of good reviews on Glory. I think every ship has thier good & bad. Glory is same class as Valor and I really liked the Valor but found it hard to navigate so I know the Glory will be too.

We've been on the Glory twice and loved it both times. I agree with the other posters, if you look hard enough, you'll find good and bad about them all. We sail on the Liberty next month, which is a sister ship to the Glory. We actually have no problems navigating the decks, which seems to be a common complaint of this class of ship. I'll know more about that once we sail a Spirit class ship next year.

I think you'll love the Glory.

Hi,

I've also seen some recent negative reviews of Glory but that was not our experience at all when we sailed her last May. One of the most recent negative reviews came across as being written by someone who was just one of those people who are hard to please. Our cruise last May was a seven night Eastern Caribbean. We were very happy with everything - the food was great and there was plenty of it, the service was great, we loved our cabin (we had a balcony on the 6th deck) and the bed was so comfortable, I loved the ship, the places we went to were beautiful, and we enjoyed the entertainment that we saw. We didn't to to all of the shows, but there is plenty to do if shows aren't your thing. My only complaint was the fact that it, like all vacations, had to come to an end.

Several months back someone posted some questions about Carnival Glory and wanted the good and the bad. I posted a bunch of pictures of Glory (exterior and interior) and there are postings from others who have been on Glory - most were favorable with maybe one or two negatives. We would definitely sail her again. I'm attaching the link to that thread in case you were interested in looking at it. Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1265173&highlight=

Was on the Glory, 2/6/11, wish I was there now.

Had a great time, nothing worth complaining about.

Just go with an open mind and have a great time..

Here are some pictures of the Glory...

100_1726.jpg.b3699c9810d2b634a242336ee365f3ef.jpg

100_1723.jpg.7b88ceb154c260d8974ad22e0cc708f0.jpg

100_1692.jpg.46ad33dcdf51b7afedb6731272f78328.jpg

100_1698.jpg.0890f3986b2f169153570aabb49dd074.jpg

100_1699.jpg.be41758f6221fdde0b64c3fb21c28fe6.jpg

WE HAVE SAILED--GLORY--4 TIMES AND FIND EVERYTHING GREAT--AND WE ARE CARNIVAL LOVERS--45 CRUISES. WE TOO ARE SAILING GLORY AGAIN--OCT -l---FLYING TO NY FROM FLORIDA--JUST TO SEE THE FALL FOILAGE.--ALSO FORMER NEWYORKERS--SO---HAVE FUN-DONT LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE--AND THEIR NEGATIVE THOUGHTS. SO-- HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME----THE JOYCES

I've sailed the Glory 3 times in the last 10 months, a 5 day to Canada in June, a 4 day to Canada in September, and a 7 day Eastern Caribbean at the end of February. She has become my favorite ship. (And not just because she's based in NYC part year).

The decor is not too over the top, the piano bar stools are cushioned, the Serenity area is nice and quiet. And I have to say that the crew is probably the friendliest I've ever encountered. The bar staff, the waiters, the room stewards, the entertainers, everyone was so nice and helpful. And George (Jorge after 5!) Solano is my favorite cruise director. And that is saying something since I don't usually pay all that much attention to the CD. I'm sorry that he's retiring. But Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman will be taking over by the summer and I've heard nothing but good things about him. Oh and the food on the Glory was very good, 10 times better than the Destiny and 100 times better than the Victory.

This class of ship is my favorite (Conquest Class). In contrast (and I'm probably in the minority here), I hated the Spirit Class design. I sailed the Legend out of Tampa a few years ago and I found it dark and claustrophobic. Everything scattered about and tucked in here and there.

But to each his own.

And I love sailing out of NYC, embarkation was quick and smooth all 3 times I sailed from there, so was debarkation. And it's very convenient for me, right across the river from my house.

Have fun on your tripl Go with an open mind and form your own opinion!

Happy cruising,

Laura

Thanks to everyone who's posted so far (and special thanks to Laumicmah for the links to Radio's thread - he was on Liberty OTS a month before us, and it was a big help to see his pics).

I'd go in a sec - DW has reservations, but all of your comments can't hurt! Thanks again.

Archived