A few questions for a first time cruiser

LindsayMD

I have a few questions that I hope someone is kind enough to answer for me... My husband and i and two kids (6 and 4) are going on the Ecstacy next week.

How dressy does my husband need to be dressed for formal night?

Also, we sleep with an air purifier on (more for the white noise). Will we be able to bring an air purifier on board with our luggage?

One more question, do they have apple juice as a beverage on board?

Thanks in advance!

I have a few questions that I hope someone is kind enough to answer for me... My husband and i and two kids (6 and 4) are going on the Ecstacy next week.

How dressy does my husband need to be dressed for formal night?

Also, we sleep with an air purifier on (more for the white noise). Will we be able to bring an air purifier on board with our luggage?

One more question, do they have apple juice as a beverage on board?

Thanks in advance!

I have only been on one cruise (Feb 2008) but I will try to help.

Dining room dress for your hubby - my hubby worn a suit and tie to dinner for formal night, however there were other men in suits, some in kakis and nice button down long sleeve shirt and a couple in tuxes.....

the air purifier - I honestly have no clue on that one.... if no one on here answers, I would call Carnival and ask.

yes, they have apple juice on board and if I am not mistaken it is one of the free drinks -

an idea for you to do - go to Carnival website and go under "help" tab and then go to FAQs. They have tons of information there for first time cruisers..... even sample menus and drinks.

You will see a mix of everything in the dining room on formal nights. My husband wears a suit and tie. Avoid shorts, jeans, ball caps, flip flops etc. ( that is lido deck attire)

Some men do a suit jacket no tie or a tie no jacket. Some men wear tuxes.

Apple juice, as well as orange juice, and they used to have another juice in the morning are included... as are lemonade, milk,tea and filtered water.

I am not sure about the air purifer. I am leaning towards "NO" as fans and other items as such get confisgated. I have seen where some people take a c-pap with doctor notes.

I am sure you guys will have a wonderful time.

Thank you so much for your replies! This is very helpful info!

So will they give me extra juice at breakfast for the rest of the day if I ask? Or can the steward get some for me if I ask? Or can we get apple juice with room service?

I will have to call carnival on the air purifier thing. Thanks!

Thank you so much for your replies! This is very helpful info!

So will they give me extra juice at breakfast for the rest of the day if I ask? Or can the steward get some for me if I ask? Or can we get apple juice with room service?

I will have to call carnival on the air purifier thing. Thanks!

Many people take fans and air purifiers and have no issues as long as they are in tip top shape (no frayed cords etc) - however, others have had them taken away and returned at the end of the cruise - so it is hit or miss whether you can get it through. Also there are very few outlets so take an adapter (small) so you can plug more than one thing in outlet if necessary (preferrably brand new in factory sealed holder). I always take a travel mug and travel water bottle and fill with juice etc. (you can fill yourself at dispenser - but make sure you do not put bottle directly under spigot - use a glass beside to fill - you can contaminate the spigot otherwise). You can get apple juice from room service and they are quick (make sure to tip a buck or two when you do order from room service) - this is not a duty of your steward but he can and will do almost anything for you - they are awesome.

No on the air purifier... it's considered a 'household goods' and would be prohibited...

b) No tools of trade, household goods, presents and/or property of others, jewelry, money, cameras, documents, valuables of any description including but not limited to such articles as are described in Title 46 of the United States Code section 30503 shall be carried except under and subject to the terms of a special written contract or Bill of Lading entered into with Carnival prior to embarkation upon application of the Guest. The Guest warrants that no such articles are contained in any receptacle or container presented by him as baggage hereunder, and if any such articles are shipped in the Guest’s baggage in breach of this warranty, no liability for negligence, gross or ordinary, shall attach to Carnival for any loss or damage thereto.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

Apple juice is available from room service 24 hours a day...

carnivalroomservice_247-002resized.jpg

carnivalroomservice_247-001resized.jpg

As others have mentioned, the dress code for Elegant Evening is fairly lax...

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=dress

You will LOVE the Ecstasy! She's one of my favorite ships. She has a brilliant staff and crew who never disappoint. Please say hi to Steve Cassel, your cruise director, for me. He's a fantastic guy!! DO NOT miss his show 'Classic Country'... it's simply amazing!!!

:)

Air purifier for white noise? Last time I sailed I brought a battery operated fan that I picked up at Walmart for 10 bucks. The ship itself sort of makes a white noise while it's moving, so the fan never went on. (that and the fact that it was cold the whole cruise). But the fans are allowed(battery operated that is) that might help.;)

Archived