Voyager Class to West Coast?

With the construction of the first two "Freedom" class ships underway, and a LOI signed on a third, does anyone out there think they may relocate a Voyager class ship to the West Coast, based in LA or SF?

I really believe that the West Coast could support a Voyager class.

Just a thought.

Craig

Miami is the only city announced as getting Freedom Class so far... I think possibly NYC will get one to compete with Norwegian Dawn, and possibly one of the older Voyager class ships would go to L.A. to do Mexican Riviera cruises.

Miami is the only city announced as getting Freedom Class so far... I think possibly NYC will get one to compete with Norwegian Dawn, and possibly one of the older Voyager class ships would go to L.A. to do Mexican Riviera cruises.

That makes sense. We'll take the Voyager here in on the west coast, we'll even take a Radiance class ship here, just somthing bigger than the Vision class. I love the Vision but it would be nice to have a newer larger ship here.

I don't think a Voyager class ship would work in Europe. Radience class ships work well there because of all the glass and the nicer balconies. They also hold fewer passengers. a Voyager class ship would flud the ports with to many people. So lets bring it over to the West Coast.

A Voyager class to Europe has been a rumor on here for some time, whether there's any substance to it or just wishful thinking I don't know, but nothing's been announced unless I've missed it... Even if they did send one over it would be a summer only thing. I would LOVE to do a transatlantic on one though! :)

I doubt they would send the Explorer though as it has the University of Miami research lab on it and for that to work they need to go to the same areas rather consistently... Unless maybe they remove that or move it over to a Freedom class ship. :confused:

I would LOVE it if they moved one of the Voyager class ships to the West coast. We live in Alaska... could we go any further than to fly to Orlando or Miami? A cruise from the West coast would be a lot more convenient and cost effective. I just haven't been able to get excited about the smaller ships, so we go to Florida. We could probably cruise more often if we didn't have to go so far. :D

News to us...what is the date in February?

QM2 will be in Los Angeles late February, and again in early March. She's sailing around South America to Los Angeles, then to Honolulu and back to Los Angeles, then back around South America again. As I understand it Commodore Warwick will retire in Honolulu, where his wonderful wife Kim is from.

• 1 month later...
With the construction of the first two "Freedom" class ships underway, and a LOI signed on a third, does anyone out there think they may relocate a Voyager class ship to the West Coast, based in LA or SF?

I really believe that the West Coast could support a Voyager class.

Just a thought.

Craig

Navigator of the Seas is coming to the West Coast in 2007:

Regards, -RSS-

Guest OBAYbee
I had heard once the Freedom Class ships were out the Explorer is going to Europe. Since the Med cruises are all filled this maybe a good choice.

We were told this as well at one of the C&A get togethers while onboard Mariner of the seas.

Archived