Jewel OTS balcony dividers

We have a choice between connecting inside cabins on a lower deck or 2 balcony cabins next to each other. Can the balcony dividers on the Jewell (deck 7 midship) be removed?

Thanks

Shellie

The most likely answer is NO.

Some balcony dividers on JOS are solid steel, others can be opened, but do so for maintenance purpose and there´s no real safe option to keep them open. After all if the divider is not solid steel it´s up to the decision of the Captain if he allows or not.

I posted this same question about JOS recently...I heard from the C&A rep who I booked with yes, they can be opened up, but then posters here on CC say no...so I am befuddled. I have teens, so it's not critical for us, as long as we are adjoining, they can pop out and knock if they need something. Obviously with tiny ones, or if you want to party on your balconies, then it would matter. BTW, the large balconies in the aft, have shorter dividers, so although they don't come down you can easily see around them for socialization. Someone on CC had posted photos of them.

You could call...if you find anything out, let us know here!

I was on Radiance and those dividers did not open. Assuming they kept the same dividers throughout the Radiance Class, Jewel's wouldn't open either.

Here is a picture. As you can see, it's one piece, unlike the usual dividers that fold back on themselves.

2474581090080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you for your replies. We booked the balcony's and the RCI lady said they are not removable. I guess we will find out on the cruise. I hope she is wrong but I won't let it ruin my cruise :)

We will get extra key cards to ensure we can move between the rooms.

Archived