Gadhafi and the Mediterranean

aandb

Hi,

I have a cruise booked for July on the Magic in Europe. I read today that Gadhafi has declared the Mediterranean to be a battleground. Anyone else worried about their European cruise this summer?

Hi,

I have a cruise booked for July on the Magic in Europe. I read today that Gadhafi has declared the Mediterranean to be a battleground. Anyone else worried about their European cruise this summer?

If Carnival deems any specific Magic port to be at all dangerous, it would change the port or skip it.

Ya I would be worried. Hopefully, this all ends quickly mostly for the sake of all the innocent people who are forever scarred by war.

Also hopfully it is all settled by the time you cruise and there won't be any issues but I agree Carnival will not take people into a unsafe area.

Good luck!!!

Sable rattling dictator, I'd not worry. With the French and US really watching I think even the cruises that are stopping in Egypt will be fine.

But like all things who know.

Hi,

I am not even giving it a second thought. I am on the June 12th sailing. If something drastic happens I am confident that Carnival will adjust accordingly. Hey, it happened on my last cruise. In January we did an Eastern Med cruise. The riots broke out in Egypt on Day 2 of the trip. We were to dock in Alexandria on Day 8. Obviously, we didn't go. We were informed of the change ahead of time and instead spent two nights in Istanbul.

Hi,

Thank to all the great Americans who serve and protect us in the United States Navy (may every one of them be blessed), no.

Hi,

I would not be concerned about anything Gadfly declares....

I am not even giving it a second thought. I am on the June 12th sailing. If something drastic happens I am confident that Carnival will adjust accordingly. Hey, it happened on my last cruise. In January we did an Eastern Med cruise. The riots broke out in Egypt on Day 2 of the trip. We were to dock in Alexandria on Day 8. Obviously, we didn't go. We were informed of the change ahead of time and instead spent two nights in Istanbul.

Your future cruises look fabulous. Enjoy!!!:)

Sable rattling dictator, I'd not worry. With the French and US really watching I think even the cruises that are stopping in Egypt will be fine.

But like all things who know.

Em think you are forgetting the British, Canadians and lots of Arabs and other European countries , not just the French and the US .

Have to say I am concerned. I think it is a.bit early to say what will happen.in thr next few months , this is either going to be over very quickly or go on for a very long time . I only hope it doesn't lead to another Iraq and the brave forces won't have to go through even more hell . I think my cruise is insignificant in wider picture , rcci won't risk it if its not safe , the people in Libya and our brave service men don't have thst luxury. God look after them all .Sorry about the spelling I'm sending this from my phone and predictatext is rubbish

Archived