Independence of the seas family of 4 prices!

dj_spud

I read a few mixed reviews before departing and expected to be royaly ripped off for drinks and be standing in line for everything. If you think that £3.50 for a triple measure of HOUSE Gin & Tonic and waiting 40 seconds for a table in a full ship is bad then this ship is not for you. The show piece activities like the climbing wall and the flowrider had a maximum of a 20 minute wait and the pools had ample seating, the shows allways had seats and ice skating in the atlantic was great fun. There were 4,000 paying guest's on board but it felt like a small village on carnival day.

If you go on this ship and don't enjoy it, please tell me about the ships you have been on and enjoyed, because if it get's better than this I can't wait to book them.

Jase

It sounds as if you were on the same cruise we were on. We too had a wonderful time. Interestingly though, I went for breakfast in Romeo & Juliet one morning on my own and was sat with other, experienced, but older passengers. They did nothing but moan about the food (much better on P&O, apparently) and the queuing (no queuing on P&O apparently). I just responded with 'really, it hasn't been like that for us'. Just goes to show that you can't please everyone, and you should take other people's reviews with a pinch of salt (except mine of course, which can be taken as gospel :D ).

We loved it, would definitely go again, and would thoroughly recommend it.

I just booked 2 cabins for my family of 4 on IOS for June 2012.... Didn't think it was crazy.....still cheaper than doing a B2B on Oasis. Supply and demand......especially when it comes to a great ship like Freedom Class......yes, you can find cheaper but make sure you are comparing apples to apples;)

"ive booked"

I am booked to go on independence of the seas (22/04/2012) 10 night canary island. :D :D :D

After alot of looking into this we decided we had to book, I am very happy with the price i got as we have gone for a balcony stateroom, To be honest wasn't much more then an inside room!

Just want to say thanks for pushing me into it guys :p

"ive booked"

I am booked to go on independence of the seas (22/04/2012) 10 night canary island.

After alot of looking into this we decided we had to book, I am very happy with the price i got as we have gone for a balcony stateroom, To be honest wasn't much more then an inside room!

Just want to say thanks for pushing me into it guys

Way to go John...well done and congrats on your booking :D I am sure you will all have a great time..she is a lovely ship. :D

Remember to keep any eye on the prices...you just never know..you may find a price drop at some point :D

Way to go John...well done and congrats on your booking :D I am sure you will all have a great time..she is a lovely ship. :D

Remember to keep any eye on the prices...you just never know..you may find a price drop at some point :D

Thank you! :)

How dose the price drop work? I did ask the t/a about it when i booked and they said they don't do it, Is it done by royal carribean themselves?

How dose the price drop work? I did ask the t/a about it when i booked and they said they don't do it, Is it done by royal carribean themselves?

To watch the prices...go to RCCL website and do a dummy booking...this will show you the current prices. If you see the price of your category of cabin has gone down then you contact your TA and let them know what you found. And fingers crossed they will give you the new price.

To watch the prices...go to RCCL website and do a dummy booking...this will show you the current prices. If you see the price of your category of cabin has gone down then you contact your TA and let them know what you found. And fingers crossed they will give you the new price.

Ok thank you, They have already confirmed they won't if it go's down But if it dose theres no harm in trying. I don't think the price will come down but hey i can't predict that! If the price was dropped and the TA gave the new price, Is it the TA or RCCL that gives the differnce? Sorry just a little new to the price drops, Been reading some threads on it but seems us and uk price drops are not the same?!? lol :o

Ok thank you, They have already confirmed they won't if it go's down But if it dose theres no harm in trying. I don't think the price will come down but hey i can't predict that! If the price was dropped and the TA gave the new price, Is it the TA or RCCL that gives the differnce? Sorry just a little new to the price drops, Been reading some threads on it but seems us and uk price drops are not the same?!? lol :o

It is RCCL that lowers the price..it is up to the TA if they honour it or not.

It used to be that they had to honour the price drop but that has changed now.

Hey no worries if you don't get a price drop...you are going on a beautiful ship to lovely ports of call...and you are going to have a fabulous time :D

Get a new TA if yours won't chase price drops, once booked through a TA then you have to deal with them and not RCI.

Get a new TA if yours won't chase price drops, once booked through a TA then you have to deal with them and not RCI.

I am very happy with the TA i used, They got me a very good price that i was happy to pay, no other TA came close. I don't want to use another TA in the hope for a price drop!

I am very happy with the TA i used, They got me a very good price that i was happy to pay, no other TA came close. I don't want to use another TA in the hope for a price drop!

John..no worries eh...a great ship...good price...hey all is great when you have a cruise to look forward to :D

I was invited to be on the Indy for her Naming (Christening) so she has a special place in my heart :D

Has a UK cruiser here booked through a US T/A for a cruise leaving the UK? Just woundring if you got a good deal and was it easy to do?

Thanks again John

Booked our 2012 TA thro' US RCI, saved approx £700. :D

It sounds as if you were on the same cruise we were on. We too had a wonderful time. Interestingly though, I went for breakfast in Romeo & Juliet one morning on my own and was sat with other, experienced, but older passengers. They did nothing but moan about the food (much better on P&O, apparently) and the queuing (no queuing on P&O apparently). I just responded with 'really, it hasn't been like that for us'. Just goes to show that you can't please everyone, and you should take other people's reviews with a pinch of salt (except mine of course, which can be taken as gospel :D ).

We loved it, would definitely go again, and would thoroughly recommend it.

The grass is always greener on the p & O side of the fence.

Once a person has sailed on P & O they do nothing but moan when on another line. Have never sailed P & O myself and I am unlikely to do so. Didn't like any of the ex P & O people I have met. They didn't seem much fun, just moaners.

you tell your travel agent that if he is not prepared to activate the price drop then you will transfer the cruise to another agent who will, I am sure be only to pleased to service your booking for a small commission.

It is strange, people are asking why RCI are charging so much for their 3 and 4 berth cabins on the Inde in the school holidays. The answer is very simple............ because they can!!!!.

A ship has to pay for itself over the course of a year, and in order to do so they need to maximise their profitable time as they certainly have times when they are charging considerably less. (18 nighters in the Med through Dec/Jan/Feb this year were selling at £699pp).

you tell your travel agent that if he is not prepared to activate the price drop then you will transfer the cruise to another agent who will, I am sure be only to pleased to service your booking for a small commission.

It is strange, people are asking why RCI are charging so much for their 3 and 4 berth cabins on the Inde in the school holidays. The answer is very simple............ because they can!!!!.

A ship has to pay for itself over the course of a year, and in order to do so they need to maximise their profitable time as they certainly have times when they are charging considerably less. (18 nighters in the Med through Dec/Jan/Feb this year were selling at £699pp).

Cheers for the info :rolleyes:

Booked our 2012 TA thro' US RCI, saved approx £700. :D

So did you just do an online booking on the US RCI site and give your address in the UK??

I have been having some problems by only being able to get so far with both the UK and the US site. It gets as far as choose a cabin and then click if you want to upgrade to another for x amount, I click no then it says 'booking not available at this time please try later'.

Just wondered how you managed to achieve it, thanks. Great also that you saved £££

So did you just do an online booking on the US RCI site and give your address in the UK??

I have been having some problems by only being able to get so far with both the UK and the US site. It gets as far as choose a cabin and then click if you want to upgrade to another for x amount, I click no then it says 'booking not available at this time please try later'.

Just wondered how you managed to achieve it, thanks. Great also that you saved £££

You cannot as such book online through US RCCL...what you can do though is use a US TA...who books it with RCCL in the US :D

I haven't booked my cruises in UK for a few years now.

You cannot as such book online through US RCCL...what you can do though is use a US TA...who books it with RCCL in the US :D

I haven't booked my cruises in UK for a few years now.

Oh I see. Dont suppose you can give a clue as to how you get one of those!!! (Know you cant name them, but did you do a search for US travel agent??) :confused:

Oh I see. Dont suppose you can give a clue as to how you get one of those!!! (Know you cant name them, but did you do a search for US travel agent??) :confused:

I met mine through a mutual friend...sorry I know that isn't much help, as you say we aren't allowed to name TA's on here.

Archived