Platinum Stationery-What do you do with yours?

DEBnGAB

I've used my personalized, Platinum stationery once or twice to write a note to my cabin steward. Other than that, its just sitting in a desk drawer at home.

I am curious to know how other's use their Platinum stationery?

I don't like the paper (silvery) and even though I bring it home, it gets recycled afer a couple weeks. I wish I could find a way to ask them not to bother, I'd rather have the white smaller note paper with their logo and a ship postcard like NCL offers.

I write a letter to my wife's 85 year old uncle who likes to track our cruises. He is always appreciative of the effort and frequently comments on how classy the paper and envelope are so it makes it worth while. And I can write while sitting on the Lido deck watching the ocean go by--everyone wins!!!

I don't like the paper (silvery) and even though I bring it home, it gets recycled afer a couple weeks. I wish I could find a way to ask them not to bother, I'd rather have the white smaller note paper with their logo and a ship postcard like NCL offers.

Carnival still has those little notepads and postcards in the Green Welcome folder in your cabin. I always bring that back to use here at work.

The stationary I just toss if I haven't used it for a note to the room steward.

I've used my personalized, Platinum stationery once or twice to write a note to my cabin steward. Other than that, its just sitting in a desk drawer at home.

i used it to take notes for my cruise review. also sent a note to our captain on it, who we had had on so many other cruises.

Those are neat ideas about writing to family members and the captain using the stationery.

I also bring home the little notepad in the green folder.

But seeing that it mostly gets tossed...and I am afraid that is what will start happening to mine. :( It was neat the first few times (10th and 11th cruise) but now not so much.

Same thing...

:)

I opened this post hoping to learn what others do with it .

I got my answer , not many guests write letters from cruise ships anymore. Would have been a nice touch in the 1930's?

I wish CCL ,who have gone green with documents ,would save a tree

and get rid of this almost useless past guest amenity .

Can you imagine though if Carnival actually discontinued platinum stationary .

OMG the shrieks of "Carnival doesn't give a damn about us, their best customers!" would be deafening.

There would be countless CC threads and angry rants to John Heald's blog and facebook etc. etc.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.;)

Archived