Long Beach - Non US immigration.

Nemspy

Does any green card or non US passport holder have any recent experience with Long Beach - specifically getting off Splendor?

Do they still make you do that thing where you wake up at the crack of dawn and all meet in a lounge before the ship is cleared to disembark?

Hoping things have changed at LB and I get to sleep in on my next cruise lol.

Does any green card or non US passport holder have any recent experience with Long Beach - specifically getting off Splendor?

Do they still make you do that thing where you wake up at the crack of dawn and all meet in a lounge before the ship is cleared to disembark?

I know what you mean...it is annoying where one person forgot to show up and they blasted those speaker on in every room looking for that one person that didn't follow the instruction for immigration.

We sailed from there last April and did not have to do that.. ;)

I know what you mean...it is annoying where one person forgot to show up and they blasted those speaker on in every room looking for that one person that didn't follow the instruction for immigration.

It's even worse when one person didn't show up AND you also had to wake up 2 hours earlier than everyone else to report to immigration yourself lol.

We noticed that in December. There were two lines getting off the ship, and this line was much shorter than ours! It was funny watching the US Citizens in the non-citizen line passing us thinking they'd found a shorter line, then getting caught, and getting sent to the end of our line! :)

Well that's nice if we get our own line at the terminal rather than having to wake up early. I just discovered there's going to be an entire dance troupe from Australia on my next cruise (So much for my days of being all exotic as an Australian on board cruises) and I had nightmare visions of being stuck in the lounge at 5AM as we slowly shuffled through.

• 4 weeks later...
No such thing for the Paradise last Dec - I'm a kiwi BTW.

Actually there were 2 lines disembarking, and our line was much shorter [yet, ironically, slower].

It all depends on how many non-US citizens there are on board. When I was there in Feb., there were at least 2 large groups from China and Japan. In that case, the US line went much faster.

Archived