Smoking on Islander and Endeavour

We are about to book the Galapagos for 2012. My DW noted in a Celebrity thread on the Xpedition that people gathered on deck to smoke and watch the sunset. The last time I looked, the Lindblad Smoking Policy permitted smoking in designated deck areas. Given the fact that these are smaller boats with smaller deck areas and the fact that passengers will likely spend more time out of their cabins, smoking may be more of an issue to some

I don't want to start another smoking discussion, but I would be interested in the actual experience of those that have sailed on either Lindblad or Celebrity. It seems to us that smoking could detract from the experience on a cruise that is centered on Nature. Has this been an issue for anyone.

Dan

On my trip, there was only one person I saw smoke. It was a younger person from overseas. I don't like smoking either, but it didn't bother me. Just go out on the decks, and be sure the wind is blowing away from where everyone else is standing. You can't smoke on the islands (can't even go to the bathroom on the islands-except in town).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived