Spirit Class Balcony Dilemma

serene56

Ok- my Valor has canceled and we have made the decision to sail the Legend instead.

I looked into EVERY week in January and those premo balconies are all booked up (6232, 7258, 8232) (of course they are)

Now- I can get 1420 on the main deck for 1400

or I can get 6230 (which is an extended balcony) for 1600

both are located by the elevators-- which is what i amlooking at.

both cabins are exact but the balcony will be bigger in the 6230

is an extended balcony with the 200.00 to you?

there will be 2 people in the cabin-

For only two people I would save the $200 and use it for DOD's or spending money. If I recall correctly I looked at 6230 for our upcoming cruise and decided against it because there are life boats located outside of the balconies on the deck below. Meaning you can't look down at the ocean...only out. For my DH that was a deal breaker. Also, IMO, there is plenty of room on a regular balcony for two. The only balcony I would pay more for is an aft or aft wrap.

We love deck 4 and have never had any spray ,close to everything , usually get a cabin with nobody opposite between lifeboats ,best spot except Aft wrap perhaps !!!!

I was just going to post the same thing! I really like deck 4 on the Spirit class ships :D you won't get wet. Any of the aft regular balconies on any deck are awesome and I would recommend port side if you can get it!

Ok- my Valor has canceled and we have made the decision to sail the Legend instead.

I looked into EVERY week in January and those premo balconies are all booked up (6232, 7258, 8232) (of course they are)

Now- I can get 1420 on the main deck for 1400

or I can get 6230 (which is an extended balcony) for 1600

both are located by the elevators-- which is what i amlooking at.

both cabins are exact but the balcony will be bigger in the 6230

is an extended balcony with the 200.00 to you?

there will be 2 people in the cabin-

What cabin on the Main Deck? There is no 1420. Do you mean the 4220? The 6A's at the rear of the ship are over the dining room. Word is you will have some noise during the singing during dinner, but otherwise quiet.

If you are talking about the 6B's midship, you will be over the Fun Shops and maybe the Odyssey lounge (I don't know about noise there).

6230 will be sandwiched between 2 passenger decks, so in theory it will be quieter. While the balcony is bigger, 6230 is on the narrow part of the ship, so the views to the bow and stern may be a little bit blocked (I am talking about looking at almost 90-degrees left and right).

I think I would just stick with either the 6A or 6B on the main deck (or even check the price of the 6C on the forward part of Emerald).

We were able to get 6232 on the Legend the first week of January. Our two daughters will be sharing the cabin with us. Having four in the room and getting a balcony with loungers made it worth it. But for two and no loungers my take is no it is not worth the extended balcony charge.

Serene, We were on the Legend back in Oct and had a great cabin. We were in #6218 which was the last cabin in the jutted out area. We only had one neighbor and that cabin was also a double so only 2 in there. Across the hall was just a wall and the cabin was on a corner so there was very little foot traffic. Most of the folks forward of our room used the mid elevators and those around the corner used the aft ones. It is considered an 8-D mid-ship balcony. It is not an extended but for 2 people it was great. This cabin was on the port side so there will be an indentical one directly across on the starboard side. If we ever sail a Spirit ship again, I will certainly try to get one of these rooms. It was very quiet and very convenient to the mid or aft elevators.

Good luck to you. We loved the Legend, hope you do too. Cari

What cabin on the Main Deck? There is no 1420. Do you mean the 4220? The 6A's at the rear of the ship are over the dining room. Word is you will have some noise during the singing during dinner, but otherwise quiet.

1420 is the total price of the cabin on the main deck--LOL sorry

can you feel my panic yet?

cabin is 4204

1420 is the total price of the cabin on the main deck--LOL sorry

can you feel my panic yet?

cabin is 4204

Serene--would you consider Cabin 5236?? We have had this cabin once and lucked out to have it for our upcoming cruise on the Miracle. Great location, right off the aft elevators, very quiet and best yet--category 7A so the price was right! Yes, if you look straight down the life boat top is level with the balcony but it is almost the same view we had when we were on the sixth level. Looking out and to the sides is all ocean. This cabin has the "bowling alley" balcony--regular width but 2-3x longer with a lounge chair, table and chair with the adjustable back.

Karen

Serene--would you consider Cabin 5236?? We have had this cabin once and lucked out to have it for our upcoming cruise on the Miracle. Great location, right off the aft elevators, very quiet and best yet--category 7A so the price was right! Yes, if you look straight down the life boat top is level with the balcony but it is almost the same view we had when we were on the sixth level. Looking out and to the sides is all ocean. This cabin has the "bowling alley" balcony--regular width but 2-3x longer with a lounge chair, table and chair with the adjustable back.

Karen

Its gone for the whole month of January. It was the last choice when the other three were gone.

Thanks Sgt- that was a nice comparison.

We had 6232 on the Pride- now that was long but it was also wide. Lots of room for the legs.

Do you think the balcony next to it will be just as wide- 6230?

We had 6232 on the Pride- now that was long but it was also wide. Lots of room for the legs.

I would guess it is the same depth (width?), but not the same length.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/SP_EmpressDeck.htm and

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/legend/Legend_Deck_Plan.pdf

Its gone for the whole month of January. It was the last choice when the other three were gone.

Keep checking back to see available cabins. For our May cruise, we were booked in a different suite but I was price-checking after final payment due and noticed that 5236 was now available. Called the PVP and it was ours! You may be lucky!

Karen

Serene, we had 7258 on the Legend and the cabin next to us with just the extended balcony was the same depth. I love that location, especially on Spirit class ships.

6230 is our favorite cabin on Spirit-class ships, and if it's available when we're booking, we usually grab it! We love the extended balcony because it's a little bit larger than the standard balconies, and my husband and I don't feel as if we're tripping all over each other when we're out on it.

Regardless of which balcony you choose, enjoy it!

How can you tell where the lifeboats are located, I did not see them on the floor plan, I just booked 6253,6263,and 6267 on the Pride. Does anyone know if these are right above lifeboats? Thank you

6263 and 6267 are above the lifeboats in the recessed area. The lifeboats go up to the bottom of the railing on deck 5 - one deck below you, so if you look straight down you will see lifeboats. 6253 is on the outer part of the ship. There are no lifeboats below you.

Archived