So cases of soda are ok, what about beer?

I hope this isnt a stupid question. I have personally brought a 24 pack on my last cruise with no problem.

Is alcohol strictly prohibited or is it ok to bring an 18 pack? Now what if it was non-alcoholic? Anyone bring beer on board without any problems?

My favorite beer is Blue Point and they don’t even have that on the ships :(

We were boarding a Carnival cruise and someone in front of us tried to bring an 18 pack of bottles of beer. It was promptly confiscated and there was a lot of discussion about taking it back to the car.

The people that brought it on was driven there by shuttle so the cruise people would not even give it back to them.

If you could, find a way to pack it in your suitcase. What makes it on the ship, gets consumed on the ship.

You might even be able to buy it at one of the stores in the port and carry it in your backpack. I know security is really lax for alchohol (for the most part). They mainly look for drugs or fruits being brought back on the ship.

I dont think you could smuggle enough beer for it to be worth it.

When I was much younger we went on a cruise for spring break. When we were in Cozumel my friend purchased two bottles of Absenth and snuck them rite on the ship.

I dont know if you ever heard of Absenth but that vacation was quite the experience!

Just took a 12 pack of beer on a carnival cruise in a 7 up box. Open it up at one end, take the soda cans out and put the beer in. Then super glue the end of the box so it looks untouched. Took it thru in a shopping bag, no questions asked.

Ah, a compadre! I giftwrapped a 12 pack of Corona as a Mother's Day gift. We've always smuggled alcohol on board, usually hidden in luggage, with no problems but that was with Carnival leaving Galveston. Leaving on NCL Pearl in May and will not attempt at all. Heard too many stories of it being confiscated and waiting for you when you reach your final port. Don't want to have to baby sit it! I'm just planning for a larger bar bill this cruise and lighter luggage!

Archived