Chankanaab Park

girlscruise2011

I just took my mom to swim with the dolphins Friday. I booked this excursion independently and save at least half what the ship charges. Taxi to/from the pier was $11 or 120 pesos.

I bought my mom one of the disposable underwater cameras and she used it to take pictures during her swim with no problems. The park takes pictures of you and you pay $25 per picture or $100-150 for the package of pictures. They also sell a nice wooden frame for $17. I paid a total of 348 pesos for one picture and the picture frame. The park takes dollars but I feel I get a better deal when I pay in pesos.

Mom says this was one of the best excursions she has been on and well worth the money. Admission to the park was included in her dolphin excursion. I had to pay to get in separately. I used a coupon that I got a free tshirt with my admission. I have also seen a coupon for $2 off the admission free. Mom wanted the free tshirt instead.

I just took my mom to swim with the dolphins Friday. I booked this excursion independently and save at least half what the ship charges. Taxi to/from the pier was $11 or 120 pesos.

I bought my mom one of the disposable underwater cameras and she used it to take pictures during her swim with no problems. The park takes pictures of you and you pay $25 per picture or $100-150 for the package of pictures. They also sell a nice wooden frame for $17. I paid a total of 348 pesos for one picture and the picture frame. The park takes dollars but I feel I get a better deal when I pay in pesos.

Mom says this was one of the best excursions she has been on and well worth the money. Admission to the park was included in her dolphin excursion. I had to pay to get in separately. I used a coupon that I got a free tshirt with my admission. I have also seen a coupon for $2 off the admission free. Mom wanted the free tshirt instead.

Where did you find the coupon for the free tee shirt? I have yet to see that one or see anyone mention it. :confused:

Where did you find the coupon for the free tee shirt? I have yet to see that one or see anyone mention it. :confused:

I apparently didn't save the site where I found this coupon. It may have appeared in a banner/ad on one of the Cozumel sites that I used to research our trip. If I find it again I will post the link.

Thanks for this post. I just looked at the website today & saw the discount. We are just over a month out so I'm probably about to book so I can get the 20% off. So excited!

I was going to book with carnival and just do the park but with this discount I can pay just a little more & swim with the dolphins too. I think I'll make it a surprise for my girls, 7 & 10. Right now they just think we are doing the park by itself, snorkeling & such. I love surprises!:D

I was just on their site as well and they actually have a "2 for 1" Dolphin Happy Hour going on for the afternoon swims. So for $99 2 people can do the Dolphin Adventure which isn't too bad when you figure it costs $20 just to get into the park. You have to book it through the call center (not online) but it sounds like a good deal to me!

I was just on their site as well and they actually have a "2 for 1" Dolphin Happy Hour going on for the afternoon swims. So for $99 2 people can do the Dolphin Adventure which isn't too bad when you figure it costs $20 just to get into the park. You have to book it through the call center (not online) but it sounds like a good deal to me!

Where are you finding this 2 for 1 sale? That would be perfect as it is just my daughter and I.

Also- do they take US cash or do I need to find a way to change over some money?

TIA

One of the previous posters gave a website, she had to spell it out because it gets automatically changed to stars if you put in the website name. When you go to the website there is a small banner ad for a Dolphin Happy Hour. You have to call the toll free number as it will not be available if you book online. The special is for afternoon excursions.

Thanks for this post. I just looked at the website today & saw the discount. We are just over a month out so I'm probably about to book so I can get the 20% off. So excited!

I was going to book with carnival and just do the park but with this discount I can pay just a little more & swim with the dolphins too. I think I'll make it a surprise for my girls, 7 & 10. Right now they just think we are doing the park by itself, snorkeling & such. I love surprises!:D

Just be aware that people have said that Carnival has some type of contract with them and they will not accept you if you tell them you are with Carnival. So, you have to tell them you are staying on the island in order to book. (At least that's what everyone has said). They will also ask you if you are on a cruise line and with what cruise.

I was just on their site as well and they actually have a "2 for 1" Dolphin Happy Hour going on for the afternoon swims. So for $99 2 people can do the Dolphin Adventure which isn't too bad when you figure it costs $20 j that ust to get into the park. You have to book it through the call center (not online) but it sounds like a good deal to me!

Where are you finding this 2 for 1 sale? That would be perfect as it is just my daughter and I.

Also- do they take US cash or do I need to find a way to change over some money?

TIA

Also be aware of the times you need to be on your ship. When I inquired about the afternoon swim and such, they told me that it would be too late to do and have time to get back on the ship. I think their afternoon swim is a 3:30pm. If your ship leaves at 5 (like mine does) and they want all aboard 1-2 hours before that, you wouldn't be able to do the afternoon one and get the discount. Also be aware of when you are going to be there and what the time difference is. They are on Central Time and do not observe the US daylight savings time. ;)

What is the cab ride cost to get to the Park? If you get the Royal swim, does it include the cab ride?

Lastly, I saw the price on the website ($139), is that with the 10-20% discount? Do they have group rates less if you have 8? Thanks, for any of the answers in advance.

Our ship is there from 1pm to 10pm (ship time) so we should be good. Now I just need to convince my husband....

Lucky you! I wish we were there that long. This is one port that I would love to stay at longer. :)

What is the cab ride cost to get to the Park? If you get the Royal swim, does it include the cab ride?

Lastly, I saw the price on the website ($139), is that with the 10-20% discount? Do they have group rates less if you have 8? Thanks, for any of the answers in advance.

From what I understand, it's only 15 minutes away from the port that the ships dock (unless there are several that I don't know about). You can actually see the ships from the park.

Here are different prices around Cozumel:

http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/taxifares.php

So it looks to be around $9 pp based on 2 people.

I found the happy hour 2 for 1 deal on their site. I tried calling last night, but they were closed. When I called back this morning I was told this deal was only available for the 3:30pm time. If it had been for 2pm I would have taken it, but the Carnival Elation leaves at 5pm, so 3:30 would not work.

For those of you on ships sailing out later; this is a killer deal!

I did go ahead and book though; using the 20% off. I was able to book for July 23 @ 11am. It was still a great deal totalling $206.00 for the two of us. This same excursion on Carnival's website was going for $185 each! So it was basically still half off doing it this way.... On Carnival's site you still have to take a cab back to the ship on some of the dolphin excursions- they only give you transportation to get there...

Thanks for all of you who provided information on this thread; we were originally looking to book with Carnival and do the $99 dolphin encounter; we are now paying the same amount we would have with carnival but now we get the premium excursion with the full swim where they do the foot push and everything... So, I'm really excited!:)

Thanks again to everyone who posted all this great information.....!

** and yes, they won't book you if you tell them your with carnival- I told them I was unsure where I was coming from right now.... which is kind of true since I don't know what dock we will be at, right? :o.

• 1 year later...
We were there this past August. My 7 y/o (not 48 inches) did the dolphin & manatee swims. We were on Carnival, but I booked thru the park & not the ship.

Hi, can you please share how u booked thru the park? I was just at their website, but I don't see any links for booking... thank you for your time! :)

Hi, can you please share how u booked thru the park? I was just at their website, but I don't see any links for booking... thank you for your time! :)

I was on a Carnival Cruise and couldn't book directly through the park because Carnival has a lock on it now. But you can still book through an independent called shore trips dot com. I saw them recommended on cruisecritic so I tried it a few years back and now book all my excursions through them.

Texancruzer...thank you. I'll pass the info on to my niece about the dolphin swim. She's really looking forward to it and I want to make sure she does it. It sounds like the perfect place for all of us to get what we want...but now tonight she told me she may want to do the dolphins in Key West so she can horseback ride on the beach in Cozumel. So much to do and so little time...LOL!

They will have taken some pictures of the experience and you may actually be able to haggle the price down a few bucks to purchase. I made the funny face when told the picture price:eek: and offered a bit less and it was accepted. It never hurts to ask quietly.

Archived