Chankanaab Park

girlscruise2011

How is Chankanaab Park if you don't want to do the Dolphin thing? A group of 5 of us are going to Cozumel on the Destiny in October. One of us wants to do the Dolphin thing while the other 4 want a beach to lay in the sun, relax and a few drinks. The one person was going to just do the dolphin excursion through Carnival so she won't be alone. I've been reading on CC about others who just do the day pass at Chankanaab for the dolphin and to explore. Would this be a good place for all of us to get what we are looking for? This way the one person can go do the dolphin thing and just meet up with the other 4 when she's done. It really would make it alot easier and she won't be alone. Other then that, the other 4 were thinking of Paradise Beach or one of the AI. Not sure yet. We still have time to decide but any opinions would help.

How is Chankanaab Park if you don't want to do the Dolphin thing? A group of 5 of us are going to Cozumel on the Destiny in October. One of us wants to do the Dolphin thing while the other 4 want a beach to lay in the sun, relax and a few drinks. The one person was going to just do the dolphin excursion through Carnival so she won't be alone. I've been reading on CC about others who just do the day pass at Chankanaab for the dolphin and to explore. Would this be a good place for all of us to get what we are looking for? This way the one person can go do the dolphin thing and just meet up with the other 4 when she's done. It really would make it alot easier and she won't be alone. Other then that, the other 4 were thinking of Paradise Beach or one of the AI. Not sure yet. We still have time to decide but any opinions would help.

We had a good time there doing exactly what you are asking about. The area was beautiful, there were lots of chairs and palapas, and service was quick.

SixthDay44.jpg

SixthDay45.jpg

SixthDay43.jpg

We had a good time there doing exactly what you are asking about. The area was beautiful, there were lots of chairs and palapas, and service was quick.

SixthDay44.jpg

SixthDay45.jpg

SixthDay43.jpg

Thank you for the pics. It looks very nice. If you don't mind a few more questions please. The beach looks rocky, is it? Of course we'd love to take a dip into the ocean when we get hot. What are the houses in the background? Are they vendors? If so, do they bother you much? Did you just show up and get in? I hear sometimes just showing up you may not get in if its full. We don't dock until 1pm which I think is 12pm their time. How much was admission and the cab ride? Was the food & drinks reasonable? Being the "planner" for 5 people I'd like to make sure I'm informed when I put this out there for everyone. I want to make sure everyone has a great time while keeping it affordable. I saw the place online and looks like it has a nice looking pool too. So I think it may just the place we need. Thank you again:D

Thank you for the pics. It looks very nice. If you don't mind a few more questions please. The beach looks rocky, is it? Of course we'd love to take a dip into the ocean when we get hot. What are the houses in the background? Are they vendors? If so, do they bother you much? Did you just show up and get in? I hear sometimes just showing up you may not get in if its full. We don't dock until 1pm which I think is 12pm their time. How much was admission and the cab ride? Was the food & drinks reasonable? Being the "planner" for 5 people I'd like to make sure I'm informed when I put this out there for everyone. I want to make sure everyone has a great time while keeping it affordable. I saw the place online and looks like it has a nice looking pool too. So I think it may just the place we need. Thank you again:D

1. The "beach" is actually man-made. It is rocky next to the water, but the sand was ok. The snorkeling is great here. Lots of fish. Swimming not as good, but there is a shallow cove. The park also has a nature trail and lagoon.

2. Yes, those are vendors. No, they don't bother you. The only vendor that came around was a drink/food waiter. They are very nice.

3. Yes, we just showed up. Admission was around $21 for adults. There is a $2 coupon here http://www.cozumelinsider.com/images/specials/ChankanaabCoupon.pdf Taxi for 5 will be around $15 each way, so $30 total.

4. Food and drink were reasonable, maybe a little higher than I expected. I don't remember exact prices.

Bottom line you are looking at around $25pp for taxi and entrance. I'm not sure it would be my first choice again, but if one member of your party is going there anyways, it is a good option.

Hope this helps.

1. The "beach" is actually man-made. It is rocky next to the water, but the sand was ok. The snorkeling is great here. Lots of fish. Swimming not as good, but there is a shallow cove. The park also has a nature trail and lagoon.

2. Yes, those are vendors. No, they don't bother you. The only vendor that came around was a drink/food waiter. They are very nice.

3. Yes, we just showed up. Admission was around $21 for adults. There is a $2 coupon here http://www.cozumelinsider.com/images/specials/ChankanaabCoupon.pdf Taxi for 5 will be around $15 each way, so $30 total.

4. Food and drink were reasonable, maybe a little higher than I expected. I don't remember exact prices.

Bottom line you are looking at around $25pp for taxi and entrance. I'm not sure it would be my first choice again, but if one member of your party is going there anyways, it is a good option.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it definately helps. We only have about 4 hrs so for that short a time the AI seem expensive. In November 2010 I went to Paradise Beach and loved it but its my 22 year old niece that wants to do the dolphins and I figured this may be a way that we can all get what we want and stay together. Thank you again...

We were just there but dd and I did the Royal Dolphin Swim. It was amazing.

The grounds are very nice as is the rest of the complex.

Taxi prices will depend on which pier you dock at. We were at the International Pier and it was $10.00 one way - set price.

Taxi prices will depend on which pier you dock at. We were at the International Pier and it was $10.00 one way - set price.

And that's for up to 4 people. Same price from Puerta Maya. Don't know the price from the downtown pier, Punta Langosta.

Texancruzer...thank you. I'll pass the info on to my niece about the dolphin swim. She's really looking forward to it and I want to make sure she does it. It sounds like the perfect place for all of us to get what we want...but now tonight she told me she may want to do the dolphins in Key West so she can horseback ride on the beach in Cozumel. So much to do and so little time...LOL!

We were just there but dd and I did the Royal Dolphin Swim. It was amazing.

The grounds are very nice as is the rest of the complex.

Hi! Will be on RCI -Freedom & doing Royal Swim ( booked it on line 12:00 pm). We are suppose to dock @ 10am Cozemel time. Dh & Ds (13) and myself are doing it as a family.

Questions: Any suggestions? How much (approximate) are the pictures?

Did you use their lockers or just kept your towels near by.

Wondering how far are the lounge chairs from dolphin area?

And one last question:p How hard was it to do the Royal Swim?

Thanks again in advance!

Hi! Will be on RCI -Freedom & doing Royal Swim ( booked it on line 12:00 pm). We are suppose to dock @ 10am Cozemel time. Dh & Ds (13) and myself are doing it as a family.

Questions:

Any suggestions? Get off early and taxi over. Even if you have to wait around a bit. They day we docked there were 6 ships in port. It was very windy and all the water excursions were cancelled. So the taxi line-up was a virtual zoo ! We made our 11:00 reservation ok - but with a bit of tension due to the taxi line.

How much (approximate) are the pictures? I paid $95.00 for 63 pictures. They are not offering video anymore. They are very good pics too.

Did you use their lockers or just kept your towels near by. Lockers are free and you keep the key. We put all our stuff in there. Money, ID etc... it was fine

Wondering how far are the lounge chairs from dolphin area? We did not go to the "beach" area shown in the above pics..... only stayed near the main plaza area. There are chairs/tables nearby but are posted for those dining only.

And one last question:p How hard was it to do the Royal Swim? Much of the time you stand in the water (about waist deep) on an underwater platform. A few times you have to swim out into the enclosure to do the foot push, the fin pull and hold the dolphin (like a baby) but everyone must wear lifevests and they hold you up. So VERY EASY.

Thanks again in advance!

Hope this helps - have fun

The beach area is maybe a hundred yard walk or so from the main area where the dolphins are. There are stairs that allow you to walk down in to the snorkeling area thru the rocks. The water drops off very quickly and the snorkeling was very good for beach snorkeling. I will try to attach a couple of pics. The food was reasonably priced and beer was $3 and soda was $2 I think. There was also a floating platfrom in the middle of the snorkel area

which was great for a break. Our family really enjoyed this park.

530283198_R1-0A_0002.jpg.1847569036775edd04f80f68a828104c.jpg

R1-19A_0002.jpg.f236a42acfeb8db40300431af023145d.jpg

The beach area is maybe a hundred yard walk or so from the main area where the dolphins are. There are stairs that allow you to walk down in to the snorkeling area thru the rocks. The water drops off very quickly and the snorkeling was very good for beach snorkeling. I will try to attach a couple of pics. The food was reasonably priced and beer was $3 and soda was $2 I think. There was also a floating platfrom in the middle of the snorkel area

which was great for a break. Our family really enjoyed this park.

Thanks for the info

We have been there a couplr times and we enjoyed the place and kids had fun the snorkling was good and some of use did dive off beach there is a cave that goes back under the shore and some neat fish hang out at entrance it is a little back from the little stream that runs offshore . have fun.:)

We will be visiting Chankanaab Park for the first time this May..We booked the Dolphin swim (not the royal think it's called adventure??) anyone do this one? it will be myself, Dh and two DD..we booked directly with the Park, just noticed they have an age requirement of 8yrs and 48inches tall...do they reinforce this? my one daughter is 48inches tall (exactly)but is not 8yrs yet...will be shortly after our visit..should I cancel the ressie??

thanks!

Question please! I just tried to book a dolphin swim for our family and they told me I can only go through the ship, which cost more!! And from what I have read it isn't as much time spent doing the excursion as it is if I just showed up. We were planning on getting a taxi, but now it looks like we will have to go through the ship. Anyone encounter this problem?

Question please! I just tried to book a dolphin swim for our family and they told me I can only go through the ship, which cost more!! And from what I have read it isn't as much time spent doing the excursion as it is if I just showed up. We were planning on getting a taxi, but now it looks like we will have to go through the ship. Anyone encounter this problem?

I booked thru the site. Went to cruisett.com, found another cruiseline ship in port that same day, I think it was NCL Epic and put that one it. Once I get off my carnival ship, Ill take a taxi to the park. They arent going to know where I came from.

Yes…I have encountered it, but I have also found a way around it. Email me and I will give you my info…..don't want to post it on the wall.

longoria5@live.com

You can book your dolphin swims at **********************cozumel. It's at Chankanaab Park just like the cruise ships use. Along with the dolphins, you also have the options of swimming with manatees or sea lions. We did the sea lions last summer... was pretty neat! We paid less than the ship price, too. The price listed is the same, but at check out it takes off $ for booking early. Check-out the "deals" tab, too. Right now you can book the dolphins and get 15 min free with the manatees!

Ok... so I'm not sure why this won't let me post the website for Dolphin Discovery! Keeps changing it to a bunch of stars. I'm going to try to trick it! First type www, then a dot, then DolphinDiscovery, then a dot, then com, then a slash, then cozumel! We'll see if this works! :-)

Archived