Obstructed balconies on Magic?

NAUdebo

They are not labeled obstructed, but those right above the promenade will be looking at the overhung hot tubs which can see them in turn... so you cant look straight down at the water.

You can't look straight down at the sea from any of the cabins owing to the overhang of the complete wraparound promenade deck.

They are hardly what you would call restricted view

You can't look straight down at the sea from any of the cabins owing to the overhang of the complete wraparound promenade deck.

They are hardly what you would call restricted view

Iv read plenty of reviews who would disagree with you and call them not just restricted ... but so bad they wouldnt book them due to the lack of privacy because of people in hot tubs who could see them.

I havent booked one ... just quoting what other reviews said ...they called them obstructed.

Its something that Carnival screwed up on the new design ... RCL Freedom class did it so well and carnival thought ok we can do it too, but put the hot tubs on promenade deck. ooops.

RCL did it perfect ...not Carnival .. call them what you want, but they are not as good as balconys on conquest class to many people. Its one of the things that makes the cove balconys so popular.

There are no restricted view balcony cabins on the Dream Class ships including the Coves and the Upper Deck balcony cabins.

Here's a picture looking up from the exterior Promenade at the balcony cabins above:

Dream101.jpg

It was taken by leaning back over the rail, pretty much a worst case situation. If you're seated you won't see any of the Promenade at all. Standing at the rail, yes you will see the Promenade but it's hardly a 'restriction'...

:)

There are no restricted view balcony cabins on the Dream Class ships including the Coves and the Upper Deck balcony cabins.

Here's a picture looking up from the exterior Promenade at the balcony cabins above:

Dream101.jpg

It was taken by leaning back over the rail, pretty much a worst case situation. If you're seated you won't see any of the Promenade at all. Standing at the rail, yes you will see the Promenade but it's hardly a 'restriction'...

:)

Are these the aft extended on the Dream? I have an aft extended on the Magic on the 8th floor. I was kind of worried also about the view from those balconies as I read many reviews after the Dream came out about not being able to look right down at the water. I took a chance as we absolutely loved our aft extended on the Conquest last year. :D

Archived