Advice for Booking Celebrity on Royal Caribbean

cotton93

Hi,

We will be cruising on Freedom of the Seas early October and are very interested in booking Solstice for November, 2012 Singapore to Sydney.

Seeing that the Solstice cruise is a long way off and hoping that it will not book out to quick. Seeing it is the first cruise down here for Solstice....... what do you guys think of waiting until we are on Freedom to book so that we can get the OBC, we already have our Captains Club numbers and we will be Elite. What other benefits would we be entitled to with booking onboard other than the OBC and reduced deposit ? we would be booking a balcony cabin.

Thank you for any advice you can give. :)

Hi,

We will be cruising on Freedom of the Seas early October and are very interested in booking Solstice for November, 2012 Singapore to Sydney.

Seeing that the Solstice cruise is a long way off and hoping that it will not book out to quick. Seeing it is the first cruise down here for Solstice....... what do you guys think of waiting until we are on Freedom to book so that we can get the OBC, we already have our Captains Club numbers and we will be Elite. What other benefits would we be entitled to with booking onboard other than the OBC and reduced deposit ? we would be booking a balcony cabin.

Thank you for any advice you can give. :)

Sometimes have a one cabin upgrade.....i.e. they will charge you for the cabin level below what you book (within the same Category).

The above should read that the upgrade is only within the same class of staterooms. You can't book or pay for the highest Ocean View category and get the lowest Balcony category.

Also for friends and family who aren't onboard, you can book same cruise as your's and get them same level of OBC but no cabin upgrade.

The above should read that the upgrade is only within the same class of staterooms. You can't book or pay for the highest Ocean View category and get the lowest Balcony category. Also for friends and family who aren't onboard, you can book same cruise as your's and get same level of OBC but not cabin upgrade.

Thanks MOM!!

Being from Australia, are you entitled to the lower deposit benefit? I only mention this as when we booked onboard last time, we were told that the lower deposit was only available to US cruisers? We had to pay the full deposit for each passenger as we were from the UK.

Being from Australia, are you entitled to the lower deposit benefit? I only mention this as when we booked onboard last time, we were told that the lower deposit was only available to US cruisers? We had to pay the full deposit for each passenger as we were from the UK.

Hi, shouldn't have any problems as we have booked cruises when we were on Oasis and Rhapsody and have only paid the reduced deposit. :)

I booked our first X cruise on board Voyager of the Seas in January, 2011. I did call Captain's Club and get us numbers (based on our Crown & Anchor) prior to sailing so that we had the X loyalty status when we booked.

We got $300 OBC and an upgrade to the next higher veranda category. We only had to give them $100/pp deposit for a cruise in April 2012.

I got the cabin I wanted and the OBC, but the cabin location for a 15 day cruise was what was really important to me.

I booked our first X cruise on board Voyager of the Seas in January, 2011. I did call Captain's Club and get us numbers (based on our Crown & Anchor) prior to sailing so that we had the X loyalty status when we booked.

We got $300 OBC and an upgrade to the next higher veranda category. We only had to give them $100/pp deposit for a cruise in April 2012.

I got the cabin I wanted and the OBC, but the cabin location for a 15 day cruise was what was really important to me.

The only issue I see is that if the price goes up, you are SOL and will have to pay the current price at the time. It's up to you if it's worth the gamble or not.

No problems will definitely be keeping an eye on the prices.:)

Similar situation where we have booked a specific Royal cruise on board with the low dep. and an OBC.

After few months, cancelled and re-booked a Celebrity with the same deal/OBC etc. Happy chappy with that ;)

(People must have done a cruise, to be, and join/have, a C & A number to be eligible for on-board bookings)

S and P

Archived