Specialty Restaurants on Marina

vrogers

Just wondering do we need to make reservations for the specialty restaurants on Marina prior to travel, or can we make reservations once on board. I have checked the sitting times they vary - Jacques the only times that seem available are 6.30pm or 8.30pm. Have I maybe missed the opportunity to dine after 6.30pm but before 8.30pm? Thanks for any insight. Cheers V.:confused:

It is wisest to reserve before you leave. However, you can reserve when you first get on board. So many people are booking online now, however, when you get on board you may not get your first choice. It's easier to get a "will share" reservation than a table for two.

You can pick up "extra" reservations on a daily basis too; go to Terrace Cafe early in the morning to see if you can get reservations for that evening.

It will be dependent on how many other people are booking the same day same restaurant as you

try a different day or restaurant for your sailing

They usually have 6:30, 7 pm 7:30 & 8pm as well

Just keep checking in the reservation section.

If you are willing to share the table you may get more options for time

There are only so many tables for 2

You can always try once onboard as well, people change their minds because they are tired or they have met people to eat in other venues with

Lyn

Something I didn't mention earlier is the advantage of "will share" dining onboard O.

We've taken two cruises with O, the first with another couple, and we were "just the four of us" for each meal. This last cruise we did not travel with anyone else and took advantage of the "will share" option in the specialty restaurants and in GDR dining nearly all the time. We met absolutely marvelous people and had fascinating dinner conversation almost every evening.

One of the advantages of O, to us, is the amazing passengers they attract!

Mr. Del Rio, if you're listening, maybe you should make more of a point of this in your advertising! We don't all look like the models in the brochures (sad, but true), but the depth of knowledge and interests among O passengers is one of your greatest assets in convincing people to rebook another cruise! (yes, we already have booked!):D

Kay

Something I didn't mention earlier is the advantage of "will share" dining onboard O.

We've taken two cruises with O, the first with another couple, and we were "just the four of us" for each meal. This last cruise we did not travel with anyone else and took advantage of the "will share" option in the specialty restaurants and in GDR dining nearly all the time. We met absolutely marvelous people and had fascinating dinner conversation almost every evening.

One of the advantages of O, to us, is the amazing passengers they attract!

Mr. Del Rio, if you're listening, maybe you should make more of a point of this in your advertising! We don't all look like the models in the brochures (sad, but true), but the depth of knowledge and interests among O passengers is one of your greatest assets in convincing people to rebook another cruise! (yes, we already have booked!):D

Kay

LOL...Enjoyed your post, and feel the same way, but rather doubt that Frank Del Rio has anything to do now with sales or advertising on Oceania which he was involved in from 2000 to 2007...Imagine just being the CEO of Prestige Cruise Holdings which is Oceania's & Regent Seven Seas Parent company keeps him quite busy..

Haven't seen many of Mr. Del Rio's posts lately & really miss them as consider him to be one of the smartest people in the industry..He developed Oceania from a small start up company in 2003 to the 5th largest cruise line in the world in a very short time..Very impressive!

Actually, Bob Binder is now the Pres. of Oceania & is responsible for the day to day operations which include Sales, Marketing, vessel operations etc., so you might appeal to him to include real passengers rather than models in their advertising..

Our cruise leaves on April 12 & I'm now starting to get very excited about it..

Cheers...:)Betty

...but rather doubt that Frank Del Rio has anything to do now with sales or advertising on Oceania ....

Haven't seen many of Mr. Del Rio's posts lately & really miss them as consider him to be one of the smartest people in the industry..

I'd say that FDR is intimately involved with the strategic marketing of Oceania. Not the day-to-day tactical stuff, but I'm sure he's not too far away from gauging what his present and future customers want. He does seem to monitor discussions on CC. In fact, you must have missed his recent posts. Check his profile - FDR made 3 posts in the last week! :):)

I'd say that FDR is intimately involved with the strategic marketing of Oceania. Not the day-to-day tactical stuff, but I'm sure he's not too far away from gauging what his present and future customers want. He does seem to monitor discussions on CC. In fact, you must have missed his recent posts. Check his profile - FDR made 3 posts in the last week! :):)

Yep, he reads everything we post, and REMEMBERS it......so be nice! :D

Yep, he reads everything we post, and REMEMBERS it......so be nice! :D

Oh crikey - now I'm worried. One of my posts (alcohol policy thread) seems to have fallen foul of the censors hand and disappeared along with a few responses to it too (including one from you chaps - my apologies as I realise that affects the re-build of your posting tally...).

I can only assume that my mock scolding (what I thought was a mildly humorous play on words..!) was misunderstood. Now if FDR is aware that there is not only a newby but a naughty newby heading to his beloved new ship what do I need to beware of...? And just who is the censor? (or am I feeling guilty for nothing and it was caused by 'the computer'..?)

Yes I misssed those...Thanks Betty

OK now I've done everything & I can't find him in the list of members..

I put in Frank Del Rio, just Del Rio, & frankdelrio & it still says no match..Will try F. Del Rio & see what comes up..If no match I give up

Haven't seen many of Mr. Del Rio's posts lately & really miss them as consider him to be one of the smartest people in the industry.

Cheers...:)Betty

Betty - About a week ago, FDR took the time to respond to a post on CC stating...about 60% of ports will have FREE shuttles transporting guests to and from city centers

Betty (also)icon7.gif New Orleans

We will be sailing on the Riviera next year. When will they allow you to make dining reservations online?

After you make final payment, advance restaurant reservations may be made through the "already booked" section of the Oceania web site.

After you make final payment, advance restaurant reservations may be made through the "already booked" section of the Oceania web site.

Just to add to J & S answer it is dependent on your cabin category also

Lyn

Dear TKS and Serendipity1499

Are you both volunteering to be "The next REAL models of Ocenia Cruises"?

I'm as active as ever- probably moreso than ever since Oceania now has more ships plus I dedicate equal time and energy to Regent.

Thanks for you support and I'm flattered you missed my posts.

Newby: No harm no foul!!

FDR

Our traveling companions are Veranda and we are Concierge Veranda. I know that to book a table for four in the specialty restaurants we need to wait for their time to book. Does it ever work that if we book at our time and ask for a four top and then they book 15 days later and ask for our table we will be able to sit together? I guess we are rolling the dice, but my question is does this work on some level? Thanks

Our traveling companions are Veranda and we are Concierge Veranda. I know that to book a table for four in the specialty restaurants we need to wait for their time to book. Does it ever work that if we book at our time and ask for a four top and then they book 15 days later and ask for our table we will be able to sit together? I guess we are rolling the dice' date=' but my question is does this work on some level? Thanks[/quote']

Not sure if that works

when you book just NO for sharing then ADD the name & booking number of your friends or they can do it when they can book

If all else fails when you board just ask the Maitre'd in advance to seat you at the same table

Our traveling companions are Veranda and we are Concierge Veranda. I know that to book a table for four in the specialty restaurants we need to wait for their time to book. Does it ever work that if we book at our time and ask for a four top and then they book 15 days later and ask for our table we will be able to sit together? I guess we are rolling the dice' date=' but my question is does this work on some level? Thanks[/quote']

That wont work, because if you ask to sit with others, you'll need to input your friends cabin # which won't work for a reservation until "their time to book".

If you want to dine with friends, it is generally much easier to get Specialty Restaurant reservations later in the cruise, because people tend to cram their reservations into the first week, for some reason.

On a cruise of more than 14 days, the third week will be particularly open, except for the last night of the cruise. :)

Dear TKS and Serendipity1499

Are you both volunteering to be "The next REAL models of Ocenia Cruises"?

I'm as active as ever- probably moreso than ever since Oceania now has more ships plus I dedicate equal time and energy to Regent.

Thanks for you support and I'm flattered you missed my posts.

Newby: No harm no foul!!

FDR

Oh No Mr. Del Rio! :eek: Yikes, No one would want to cruise on your beautiful ships, if you used my mug shot!..:D But thanks for asking..;)

As TKS mentioned I too write better than my photo's look..

Sorry,:o I assumed that you were too busy to care about the day to day activities or even CC..Would imagine that you are not getting much rest these days..But happy that you are still taking an interest in them & us..

We're anxiously awaiting our "Regatta" Cruise next week, as we both desperately need the rest & pampering..:)

Cheers....:)Betty

We met a number of those "model passengers" during our Marina Cruise last February, because the brochures were still being photographed then.

John-Forsythe-sweater-100x149.jpgThe men generally resemble a forty-ish John Forsythe, although they are made up and dressed to look fifty-ish.

The ladies that they are photographically paired with are significantly younger.

Do you suppose that Oceania might be considering a series of father-daughter cruises for 2012? :D

Archived