Solstice Sky Suite Cabin Selection

sandyh422

I would like to book a sky suite but see that the selection is limited to aft corner cabins and cabins on the resort deck. Would a cabin on the resort deck have some noise from the pools and the night time parties?

Also, it looks as though the aft corner sky suites are bigger than usual, but do they have a covered deck and privacy?

Any info will be appreciated.

The aft sky suites are not completely covered so they're not totally private. The S2's port and starboard side on the resort deck have a huge overhang and are very private. We were in 2121 port side resort deck and did not hear any noise from pool area (same deck) or from the cafe above. Excellent location (IMO) and cabins are wonderful.

Patty

We were in 1663 (aft corner) on the Equinox and absolutely loved the room. Closer to the rail is not private as you can be viewed from the decks above and below, but there is privacy closer to the door. It is a LONG walk to the elevator/stairs, but that helped to burn the calories. :D Depending on the travel direction, we had sun on the balcony, but I believe the deck you are looking at is pretty covered unless the sun it rising or setting (again depending on the direction you are traveling).

I would book this room again in a heartbeat if it were available. The link below is to some pictures of the room.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575612480RCpzFQ

o5u9hv.jpg

Barb

I had a corner aft SS on Solstice and found it to be the best cabin. The veranda is very large and the room is huge, along with the bathroom. And no, we had no problem with noise, but we did have a huge problem with balcony smokers.

We were in S1 9929 last week and would not hesitate to book it again! I can't remember the name of the deck, but it was very quiet, We always had sun on our balcony, and we were also sheltered from the wind others were experiencing up by the pool. We spent several days just relaxing in our chairs, staring at the ocean. Like one of the above posters pointed out, It is not a completely private balcony near the rails, but I never felt invaded by others.

We were in #1198 on Solstice for a E.Med cruise. The room is huge and has a wrap around balcony that gives you the best view, especially when the ship pulls away from the port. When we left Istanbul, the view of the city was priceless! There is another round window in the room that frames the view so beautifully. As you enter the room, one side of the wall is all closet space.

The only down side is that there is a big pole right in the middle of the room by the bed! We get soot on the balcony quite often but they clean it often. Also, that is the only floor where part of your view in the 2 S1 cabins is blocked by some washing equipment, as seen on the photo posted before on this thread. However, we will not hesitate to book this room again.

As for privacy - if you walk up to the rail you can see others above or below but that didn't bother us one bit.

We were in 1663 (aft corner) on the Equinox and absolutely loved the room. Closer to the rail is not private as you can be viewed from the decks above and below, but there is privacy closer to the door. It is a LONG walk to the elevator/stairs, but that helped to burn the calories. :D Depending on the travel direction, we had sun on the balcony, but I believe the deck you are looking at is pretty covered unless the sun it rising or setting (again depending on the direction you are traveling).

I would book this room again in a heartbeat if it were available. The link below is to some pictures of the room.

o5u9hv.jpg

Barb

Thank you so much for posting these pictures. Looks like a great cabin. Will definitely help me make my decisionl

• 5 weeks later...

o5u9hv.jpg

Barb

Can you tell me if there is a connecting door inside sky suite 1663 which you were in? The deck plan says it is a connecting room (which we hate due to the transient noise from the connecting door itself) but none of you mention this... Thanks.

On S-Class ships Celebrity was very clever with how they designed connecting rooms. No door inside the cabin from one room to the next (hence no noise). Thew way the rooms connect are the hallway doors can be shut in such a manner that people in the side-by-side room can both enter through this set of doors off the hallway, and then once inside this set of doors there are the individual doors to enter the side-by-side staterooms. If you are not travelling with the people in the stateroom next door you will not even know they are connecting staterooms.

• 4 months later...

We booked an Aqua Class 1550 for a 12 night Mediterranean cruise. When we found the price had dropped $500pp, we called to see what they might offer us. The only thing Celebrity has offered as compensation for the significant price decrease is an upgrade to a guaranteed suite (Sky S1/S2, CS, RS) - no guarantee on location, type.

Our fear is we will end up in a poor location with bar/restaurant noise. Should we take the upgrade? I have to say - being in the hospitality industry myself - I think they could do better to retain our future business.

Thank you!!

We booked an Aqua Class 1550 for a 12 night Mediterranean cruise. When we found the price had dropped $500pp, we called to see what they might offer us. The only thing Celebrity has offered as compensation for the significant price decrease is an upgrade to a guaranteed suite (Sky S1/S2, CS, RS) - no guarantee on location, type.

Our fear is we will end up in a poor location with bar/restaurant noise. Should we take the upgrade? I have to say - being in the hospitality industry myself - I think they could do better to retain our future business.

Thank you!!

Do better than offer you a suite?? I'm very confused by your statement. What do you think you should be offered. Actually, I don't think they had to offer you anything as you obviously booked your Aqua Class cabin at what you thought was a good rate.

To answer your question, I'd take the upgrade. Have a great cruise!

Patty

Thank you!!

Are you serious? What more could anyone want other than a fantastic suite???? What better do you want them to do? I would love it if I had booked an AQ and would get a suite. Heck, your AQ is the same size as most other balcony cabins, but to go to a suite, with it's better bathroom and larger cabin is way above and beyond what anyone can/should expect. Again, I have no idea what more you expect from Celebrity. In all honesty, they don't have to offer you any compensation, but you're getting an excellent offer of an upgrade.

The pole adds character to the room though. :)

Here are some pictures of an S1 (7356 on Equinox):

232323232%7Ffp6339%3B%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D35584478%3B%3B32%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6326%3A%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D355842%3C%3B9732%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63389%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D3558424%3B%3A%3B32%3Bnu0mrj

DW & I have been there & done that for 12 days. 7356 is an excellent S1, and we never really noticed the poles. (I kinda used the one to help climb out of bed :D)

Would re-book in a heartbeat if available.

Archived