Oriana Grand 175 event 3/07/2012

gills hols

The application of fluid priceing seems to go against the statement in the brochure that the anniversary discount fares will run until 31 May

Brian

Brian,

I thought this as well but if you look in the brochure it is covered in the fine print at the end. By all account it was only the 175 cruises and possibly a Christmas one where the fluid pricing has kicked in.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hopefully P&O will learn from their mistakes and knock this direct pre-registration on the head in future years in favour of the tried and tested procedure which has operated in the past.

Why?

We are now at the end of the rush period with all cruises booked by goldies and the rest. Apart from some of the 175 cruises and possibly a Christmas one everything has gone smoothly and people have got what they wanted.

I posted this elsewhere on Tuesday:-

"It is quite clear to me after reading a great deal on this topic that the bookings this year have followed the pattern that I suspected they would.

1 First the Gold members who had pre booked with a TA would be booked along with any Gold members who's TA managed to get through to P&O

2 Second those Gold members who had pre booked with P&O.

3 Third in line are the other cruisers who pre booked with TA's.

4 and last those who booked with P&O.

5 Scattered between 4 & 5 were the bookings taken on the day by individual TA's.

So clearly advantage to those who booked with a TA in advance.

Those who booked with P&O might have thought they would get an advantage but this is not the case. They clearly made a poor decision.

So as has been asked before, why pre book direct with P&O.

Here are my reasons why people may do this.

1. They want to book direct.

2. By pre booking they do not have to worry about getting through to P&O on their booking day. (This also helps P&O by having these bookings to hand)

3. By pre booking they are guaranteed a place on that cruise, in the grade the want or one higher. This is not the case when booking with a TA.

P&O gave certain guarantees in the brochure including one which says you can have the dining option you want. I do not believe that they would do that and guarantee a cabin if they thought the cruises were going sell out. Because you cannot possibly offer a dining option on a full ship, as we all know someone always loses out over dining on each cruise, hence the queue to change on embarkation day.

I still do not believe anyone will miss out come Friday excepting one or two of the 175 cruises. But that was always going to be the case.

Gan Canny

Dai"

I think I was correct.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

3 Third in line are the other cruisers who pre booked with TA's.

4 and last those who booked with P&O.

I think I was correct.

I am not sure that this order was correct. I think reading on here and other forums that overall customers who pre-registered with P&O did better than those pre-registered with TA's. esp for the 175 anniv cruises and at guaranteed prices.

Archived