Oriana Grand 175 event 3/07/2012

gills hols

I would guess the only risky cruise for selling out on the 2nd is the 4 nighter on Oriana.

Have P&O actually taken your money, or do they just have your credit card details to bill on the 6th? If the latter then you might not have a case. If they have taken the money already, then I would think you do.

Yes they have taken my money, and we are on the 4 nighter, and when I checked on the P&O page with the booking ref i have been given, its all set up with our details and dinning requests, !!

Spoke to P&O last night and asked to speak to a senior manager because of all the different messages being sent out from them.

If you have paid your deposit and been given a guarantee of a cabin you are 100% booked on the cruise and will not be bumped off the ship because of (goldie bookings)

Still think they have gone about this the wrong way, and theres sure to be complaints but thats how it stands.

Mick

Spoke to P&O last night and asked to speak to a senior manager because of all the different messages being sent out from them.

If you have paid your deposit and been given a guarantee of a cabin you are 100% booked on the cruise and will not be bumped off the ship because of (goldie bookings)

Still think they have gone about this the wrong way, and theres sure to be complaints but thats how it stands.

Mick

Thanks Mick

Let's hope that manager has the correct information, p&o seriously need to train their call centre staff better, in giving the correct information to paying passengers, for such a large organisation I think they got this so wrong.

Mick

Did you ask for this in writing ?

I know things can go wrong so not celebrating my booking yet, but I do have faith in the P&O system.

Gold Portunus members have not been disadvantaged as I see it. They too have the option to Pre register with P&O all the information is on the P&O site. (running out of time now though)

We know that there are only a certain percentage of staterooms set aside for Pre Reg. I assume the figures have been looked at knowing booking trends. Anyone pre registering has not been able to select their specific room, just make a guaranteed booking for a certain grade or higher. When booking opens for Goldies on Saturday they will be able to request exactly what they would like, and (hopefully) get it confirmed.

They will then process the Pre Regs filling in the gaps before it goes on general sale.

As far as I see it, the only people who have reason to feel hard done by are Travel Agents as maybe their usual clients have gone to P&O direct so they will loose their potential commision.

I have booked directly with P&O for our last 3 cruises as the online price has been as good or better than through a TA, I have noticed that the online prices do change frequently, and I am sure the price increases are just as they prepare the system for live time booking this weekend. Sold Out appears quite frequently then they load up another batch of staterooms and then they are available again.

For those who haven't pre registered, just a word of warning regarding the fluid pricing that kicks in. It moves quickly :o I remember booking two rooms for the Aurora "Derren Brown" cruise in 2009. I got through to an agent within a couple of minutes of booking open, the advertised price had gone, and was up by about £40pp by the time I'd completed details of first room, the 2nd had risen by a further £30 pp. Personally I think the 4 night Oriana is the cruise where fluid pricing will move quickly.

We had exactly the same experience on the Derren Brown cruise but were glad just to get on even though we didn't get the cabin grade we wanted.

I see the prices for the 4 nighter are back to the brochure prices on the P&O website now.

Just look at the prices and cabin status for the 4 nighter and the prices are up and some cabins grades sold out. When this happened in the week this was because of an IT problem - are they real prices now.

If gold members book a cruise fully on day 1 then there would not be any places left whatever the system.

If P&O kept some back for non gold pre bookers then that would be wrong as well.

They appear to be in a no win situation.

However I do not believe that any cruise will be full by next Saturday and that there has been a great deal of hot air expanded over the past week.

With 7 to choose from on 175 day there should not be a problem. I have read that if any pre booker with P&O fails to get the grade they want they will get a free upgrade. I do not think P&O would say that if there was any danger of it happening to any great extent.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

BTW one down one to go for us. Well done Les.

Has anyone received confirmation yet on X210 Oriana 4 nighter ?

Was told by my T/A we would hear by this afternoon :confused:

Good luck to all

Hassop

Posts are appearing on other sites about customers getting booked on the Oriana 4 nighter - as with other cruises (I'm confirmed in the cabin of my choice on Oceana) sailing on 3rd July.

P&O's booking system was down for a long period today - over 1 1/2 hours and people ringing to book cruises, if they could get through on the phone in the first place, were being turned away.

Feebee_71

Hope the weathers good up there In W.Bay.

Not heard a 'dickie' yet........ usually book with C.K. but being as only a small cruise :mad: went with famous local cruise agents. They are undoubtedly busy but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....watch this space

enjoy your cruises.....................hassop

Just heard .............Whoopee >>>>>>>>>>>>>Got the grade we wanted

Hassop

D DAY

I have just heard we have our cabin allocation,:):) I was panicking as the cruise is now showing sold out, and have been on hold on phone for 40 mins !!!

Apparently P&O system down for 3 hours this morning, but the 4 night-er on 3 July is definitely sold out :eek:

D DAY

I have just heard we have our cabin allocation,:):) I was panicking as the cruise is now showing sold out, and have been on hold on phone for 40 mins !!!

Apparently P&O system down for 3 hours this morning, but the 4 night-er on 3 July is definitely sold out :eek:

Was showing SOLD OUT around 9:30 this morning if you hit the BOOK NOW button- pre-registered with P&O and got my cabin OK

Relieved and excited to see we have finally been allocated our cabin overnight so I'm glad I phoned direct when I did. P&O have been as good as their word. I feel very fortunate when I read about those who have missed out.

I've just come across this comment (posted at 12:12pm 6 April) on P&O Cruise's Facebook page:

"Lots of you have asked about our Grand Event cruises today. The 175th Grand Event Cruises have been extremely popular, particularly with our Gold Tier Portunus passengers during Saturday's Gold Tier launch, this has left very limited space on these cruises and therefore pricing reflects demand. We are sorry if you have been unable to book on your chosen departures at the price you wanted."

So that's why the price had increased for 'new bookers' yesterday. Of course, there are quite a few unhappy responses to that statement.

I'm pleased to say that our TA was able to convert our pre-registration into a firm booking, with the cabin grade we'd asked for and at the price originally quoted.

We had pre registered with a travel agent and were told the price had increased by a large amount and refused to pay the silly price quoted for an inside cabin. We than asked about our second choice on the Oceana and the price had also risen by a stupid amount. Whilst we would have loved to do one of these cruises we refuse to be ripped off by a company we have been loyal to over the few years we have been cruising. Following this we have cancelled our registrations for the Ventura caribbean cruises for November 2012 as our days of early booking are over. From now on we will book holidays in at work and take late deals at vastly reduced prices whether with P&O or one of their many competitors as we are not bothered about cabin location etc.

I think it was the uncertainty of knowing where was the best place to pre-register. We registered firstly with a TA and then switched to P&O and then spent 10 days wondering if we had done the right thing. Then on Monday a post on the P&O forum by a P&O rep seemed to imply that TA's were the way to go. Although we got what we wanted from P&O I think that P&O created this ridiculous situation and that is where the blame lies for people who did not get what they wanted. How many people registered with a TA before P&O set up pre-registration and did not get a cabin - totally unfair. P&O held the price for their pre-reg but some people booking through TA paid inflated fares - totally unfair.

I think it was the uncertainty of knowing where was the best place to pre-register. We registered firstly with a TA and then switched to P&O and then spent 10 days wondering if we had done the right thing. Then on Monday a post on the P&O forum by a P&O rep seemed to imply that TA's were the way to go. Although we got what we wanted from P&O I think that P&O created this ridiculous situation and that is where the blame lies for people who did not get what they wanted. How many people registered with a TA before P&O set up pre-registration and did not get a cabin - totally unfair. P&O held the price for their pre-reg but some people booking through TA paid inflated fares - totally unfair.

I was totally confused about what to do and it was only through my usually reliable TA's failure to return a call and some posts in this thread that I registered directly with P&O. Ideally I would have pre-registered with my agent but who knows whether we would have been lucky or not. We are on the cruise we wanted and on the level of cabin we asked for and at the brochure price. We have a small onboard credit and are waitlisted for 2nd sitting, the location of the cabin could be better but I am not complaining. It's going to be a special occasion with all the ships leaving together and on top of that we get included in a draw for a world cruise.

Archived