Parking at the Honolulu Cruise Port

keep on cruising

Our ship will be in Honolulu for 2 full days in November. We are considering renting a car while we are in port because my DH is confined to a wheelchair so we cannot do bus tours. We want the flexibility of going where we want when we want.

Does anyone know if there is 24/7 parking near the cruise port?

Thanks in advance.

Why would you need parking near the cruise terminal?

The hotel we stayed in offered valet parking for $20 a day.

I think they need parking because they are on a ship other than the POA that will be in Honolulu for 2 days (like the POA is in Maui & Kauai).

OP - I read that there is a parking lot at the port, but not sure of the cost. Sorry.

I think they need parking because they are on a ship other than the POA that will be in Honolulu for 2 days (like the POA is in Maui & Kauai). quote]

We are on the Zaandam which will over night in Honolulu as part of a cruise to Australia which is why we were hoping to find parking near the port.

You might try calling the Aloha Tower - 808-566-2337. They also have a website but it is not clear as to whether they allow overnight parking. They do indicate lots that are close to the pier also. I would give them a call. Cherie

• 1 month later...

We parked at the Aloha Tower overnight during our cruise, and were prepared to pay a hefty amount to park there overnight. When I parked there, however, we learned that so long as you left before the attendants arrived, it was FREE. We made sure we left before 8 a.m. (if memory serves correctly), and did not pay a cent. We got this information from the guy at the booth when we pulled in, so it wasn't like we were trying to get away with anything illegal.

You might try calling the Aloha Tower - 808-566-2337. They also have a website but it is not clear as to whether they allow overnight parking. They do indicate lots that are close to the pier also. I would give them a call. Cherie

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from Hawaii 2 weeks ago. We had a car and were on a ship as well. If you go to this website: http://www.alohatower.com/marketplace-information/parking/ it gives a map of all available parking. Parking at the Marketplace and Irwin Park were $50 per night if I remember correctly. Not all of the other garages allow overnight parking. We ended up at Harbor Court and couldn't figure out the pricing as we were going in on Friday and coming out on Saturday, but to our amazement, the charge was only $5 for the night!! AND, it was closer to our boat than some of the other parking...of course, that depends on which dock your boat is at!

Thanks for the update.

I had contacted Harbor Court and was told for Sunday night the charge would be $5.00 as long as the car was out by 8:00 am Monday morning. After 8:00 am, it is $4.00 every half hour.

Its great that you have confirmed the rates and that it is a viable place to park.

Archived