aft wrap Dream vs Magic

socaldesign

I know there are a lot of posts about aft wrap cabins. Hope you don't mind another couple of questions. We're booked on Carnival Magic 3/11/12 in aft wrap 7459. On the Magic interactive web site in the deck plan section it states:

Stateroom 7459 Premium Vista Balcony

Deck 7 Category 9C

Two twin beds (convert to king). Sofa and coffee table. Full

bathroom with shower. etc...

Other posters have stated in the equivalent cabin on the Dream there is no sofa. Since the ship has not launched, can Carnival actually give definitive descriptions of the cabins, or do they post generic descriptions and then change them later on? Are ALL balcony cabins really 185 sq ft or are the odd shaped cabins larger or smaller? It won't matter

We've only been on one other cruise and that was almost 25 years ago - a not so great experience on the old Dawn Princess.

Thanks in advance for some insight.

• 3 weeks later...
I know there are a lot of posts about aft wrap cabins. Hope you don't mind another couple of questions. We're booked on Carnival Magic 3/11/12 in aft wrap 7459. On the Magic interactive web site in the deck plan section it states:

Stateroom 7459 Premium Vista Balcony

Deck 7 Category 9C

Two twin beds (convert to king). Sofa and coffee table. Full

bathroom with shower. etc...

Other posters have stated in the equivalent cabin on the Dream there is no sofa. Since the ship has not launched, can Carnival actually give definitive descriptions of the cabins, or do they post generic descriptions and then change them later on? Are ALL balcony cabins really 185 sq ft or are the odd shaped cabins larger or smaller? It won't matter

We've only been on one other cruise and that was almost 25 years ago - a not so great experience on the old Dawn Princess.

Thanks in advance for some insight.

Here is what I found:

7459 9C OSTW 185/75 = 260 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / rab: 0

View: window and wrap-around balcony Balcony partition connects to: None

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Here is the link to all the cabins on that deck on the Magic. You can see that some rooms have a sofa in the description.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/MC_EmpressDeck.htm

Thanks for the info and the link. The Magic website must have generic information for all the aft wraps. We're excited about the cabin and the cruise and a couch won't matter one way or the other. I was just curious about the inconsistency.

Thanks for the info and the link. The Magic website must have generic information for all the aft wraps. We're excited about the cabin and the cruise and a couch won't matter one way or the other. I was just curious about the inconsistency.

I would feel pretty sure that it would be the same as the Dream. The only wraps with a sofa are on 6.

Archived