phone number for emergencies on ruby princess

tommy47

From the US 1-900-329-7447

Please note that is about $9/minute plus taxes.

This is the number for all ships so the caller will need to know the name of the ship, the passenger name, and the cabin number.

If you will be using Internet on the ship, an e-mail may be the best way to contact you in an emergency.

Please note that is about $9/minute plus taxes.

This is the number for all ships so the caller will need to know the name of the ship, the passenger name, and the cabin number.

If you will be using Internet on the ship, an e-mail may be the best way to contact you in an emergency.

I agree that email would be the best since the phone number and call does not get to the person on the ship. We were on the Ruby transatlantic in fall of 2009 and my mom passed away just as we started crossing back to US. The family and our travel agent called the number - were both charged and we never got any messages. You have to leave a message on that number - no real person. My family finally reached us by the international cell phone we brought with us.

I agree that email would be the best since the phone number and call does not get to the person on the ship. We were on the Ruby transatlantic in fall of 2009 and my mom passed away just as we started crossing back to US. The family and our travel agent called the number - were both charged and we never got any messages. You have to leave a message on that number - no real person. My family finally reached us by the international cell phone we brought with us.

I'm very sorry for your loss. We had a similar situation on the Ruby inaugural cruise in 2008. My Mom died and my family couldn't reach us by phone. At that time each ship had their own separate number and the emergency number for the Ruby didn't work. They had to wait till the next day when Princess's offices were open, and Princess had to email the ship.

Now when we're away on travel, we try to check in with family at least once a day, via our cell phone. It might be costly, but it's worth it to us for peace of mind.

We always carry our Mobal international cell phone when traveling abroad. Fortunately, we've yet not had to use it for any family emergencies, but it sure came in handy when we were inadvertently left behind by a tour bus in Wahnsee, Austria, while on a Danube River cruise last year. I called the ship's cruise director and the bus (with an embarrassed tour guide) returned to pick us up 20 minutes later. For us, the service more than paid for itself just that one time. http://www.mobal.com/international-cell-phones/

• 4 years later...
We always carry our Mobal international cell phone when traveling abroad. Fortunately, we've yet not had to use it for any family emergencies, but it sure came in handy when we were inadvertently left behind by a tour bus in Wahnsee, Austria, while on a Danube River cruise last year. I called the ship's cruise director and the bus (with an embarrassed tour guide) returned to pick us up 20 minutes later. For us, the service more than paid for itself just that one time. http://www.mobal.com/international-cell-phones/

scranger

I have read about these phones and they seem quite good. if you see this, could you email me--I have a few questions about using it.

no-whiners at msn dot com, substitute the words with the symbols! Please put mobal phone in subject line so I don't delete by mistake.

Thx

ML

Edited by NoWhiners