Big change in plans, need help!

thekings23

Okay so the plan for the past year has been to road trip it to Miami from Detroit with my family of four. I have been constantly checking air fare just in case the prices came down to a point that it made sense to fly. Well we hit that point today, was able to snag round trip air fare with Delta for $168 pp. Fourteen days before the cruise, and now I can change my hotel (booked La Quinta for free parking).

Need help here, where to stay in Miami, and how the blind bidding works on Priceline.

Any tips on this will be helpful, staying 1 night before the cruise and 1 night after the cruise.

I got the Marriott Courtyard Downtown Miami on April 8 for $85. I started at $75, but got nothing. If you want to be nearest the port, choose downtown Miami. Then select the hotel class you want. I usually go 3 starts. They give you ideas of what hotels typically fall under each class. Then list your price. For a Sat night in April, I'd start at $75. You might have to go back tomorrow to bid higher if nobody accepts. Previously, I got the Marriott for $75 (May 2010, Sat night), Holiday Inn Miami Beach for $85 (April 2008, Sat night) and Radisson Downtown Miami (I think it's a Hilton now; Oct 2007, Sat night).

Okay so the plan for the past year has been to road trip it to Miami from Detroit with my family of four. I have been constantly checking air fare just in case the prices came down to a point that it made sense to fly. Well we hit that point today, was able to snag round trip air fare with Delta for $168 pp. Fourteen days before the cruise, and now I can change my hotel (booked La Quinta for free parking).

Need help here, where to stay in Miami, and how the blind bidding works on Priceline.

Any tips on this will be helpful, staying 1 night before the cruise and 1 night after the cruise.

You need to go the the east coast departures board for Florida.. they have a whole thread dedicated to priceline and hotwire wins for the area... good luck.. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I would go to the florida departures board and see the latest deals for Miami. I did Intercontinental, close to Bayside and within view of the port, for $84 last fall, but while it is season prices are showing $109 and up. lastminutetravel site.

see the florida board for other ideas. I love hotwire myself. Iv used them several times.

I would go to the florida departures board and see the latest deals for Miami. I did Intercontinental, close to Bayside and within view of the port, for $84 last fall, but while it is season prices are showing $109 and up. lastminutetravel site.

see the florida board for other ideas. I love hotwire myself. Iv used them several times.

I am playing with Hotwire right now, have never used their site. It looks like the prices are fixed but the name of the hotel is not advertised, are you able to bid there too?

I am playing with Hotwire right now, have never used their site. It looks like the prices are fixed but the name of the hotel is not advertised, are you able to bid there too?

Go to betterbidding dot com and read up what is going on for Miami area no you can not bid on Hotwire it is a set price..

Better Bidding will give you descriptions of the hotels so you'll know which you are likely to get on both Hotwire and Priceline. On Priceline you are ONLY guaranteed a room with 1 bed for 2 people!

On Hotwire you can tell them how many people in the room.

IF you get a room on either site I always call the hotel afterwards to talk to them about what I want, in terms of floor, time of arrival etc.

Do tell which hotel???:D

Waiting for the email confirmation with the hotel name. I figured with that many starts it would exceed our expectations either way. We're simple folk, who don't do 5 stars so it'll amazing. I will post which hotel I got once I get the email.

Conrad Miami by Hilton is what we got. Seems pretty nice.

Sounds like a nice deal, Does it say you get 2 beds?

I only ask because I havent used Last Minute but do use Hotwire because it gives you the option for 4 persons where Priceline only gtys a dbl room for 2.

I've never had a problem gettin two beds on priceline. I just call the hotel as soon as I learn the name and ask for two beds.

If you're really daring, when you check in see if they'll give you a free upgrade. Two weeks ago I bid $38 for Crown Plaza and got upgraded to a suite!

I do Priceline all the time and get great deals.

Archived