Royal Wedding on Royal Caribbean

Friends...does anyone know if RCI has any special plans to broadcast the Royal Wedding? I'll be on the Serenade on the day of the wedding. I saw his parents get married. I'd love to be able to watch William's wedding as well.
Bet they will have it at least on one of the news channel. On our cruises (recently all out of FL), they have CNN International and FoxNews. Too bad Serenade does not have a big screen like Oasis, Allure, Freedom & Liberty.

Friends...does anyone know if RCI has any special plans to broadcast the Royal Wedding? I'll be on the Serenade on the day of the wedding. I saw his parents get married. I'd love to be able to watch William's wedding as well.

I remember setting my alarm clock back in 1981 to watch that wedding! VCRs were fairly new at the time (we had a top-loading Panasonic the size of my bed), and VHS tapes were about $20.00. For four hours of taping. I groggily lay on the family room couch, and watched and taped the wedding! I'd pre-set the kitchen table with fruit and cereal bowls and spoons and milk for when the kids got up. I'd asked DH to supervise, but he slept in. Kid #1 pulled Kid #4 out of her crib and they came downstairs for breakfast. Kid#4 shed everything wet - including pajamas - and ate nekkid. Dog licked cereal bowls and everything dropped on the floor while I watched Charles and Diana waving from the Buckingham balcony! I'll never forget that live experience! Now I have DVR on two TVs and have have cleared many of my favorite programs to make sure there's enough space to record The Wedding. Kid# 5 is 11 months younger than William, but he could care less. Sigh. Memories! Hope you get to watch it!

I was 10 years old when Charles and Di got married. I remember it so clearly. Loved every second of it! They are getting married on my 40th birthday. I'm letting my 14 yr old dd stay home to watch it with me. Can't wait for the wedding turning 40 is another story!!

I was a sophomore in high school. Two things have always stood out in my mind about the wedding. One was how wrinkled her dress was and how she said his name in the wrong order. Shallow, I know. I was 15.

With the perspective of time, it amazes me that Diana was only 19 and how incredibly unprepared was she for that moment. Kate, on the other hand, is a whole different woman. I think she can handle what comes. She is not walking in blind.

I wish them both all the best.

I about had a meltdown when I realized the Royal Wedding would be during my cruise.....well, almost. :D

I watched Diana's wedding when I was 13 and I also stayed up all night watching her funeral. :(

I will set my DVR, but I am hoping that one of the news networks shows it. NBC is airing it.....the time is 1:00 AM Eastern, 4:00 AM Pacific.

Does RCCL carry NBC?

I about had a meltdown when I realized the Royal Wedding would be during my cruise.....well, almost. :D

I watched Diana's wedding when I was 13 and I also stayed up all night watching her funeral. :(

I will set my DVR, but I am hoping that one of the news networks shows it. NBC is airing it.....the time is 1:00 AM Eastern, 4:00 AM Pacific.

Does RCCL carry NBC?

No.

Does RCCL carry NBC?

The ceremony is at 11am in London. That would be 6am EST/3am PST.

I remember setting my alarm clock back in 1981 to watch that wedding! VCRs were fairly new at the time (we had a top-loading Panasonic the size of my bed), and VHS tapes were about $20.00. For four hours of taping. I groggily lay on the family room couch, and watched and taped the wedding! I'd pre-set the kitchen table with fruit and cereal bowls and spoons and milk for when the kids got up. I'd asked DH to supervise, but he slept in. Kid #1 pulled Kid #4 out of her crib and they came downstairs for breakfast. Kid#4 shed everything wet - including pajamas - and ate nekkid. Dog licked cereal bowls and everything dropped on the floor while I watched Charles and Diana waving from the Buckingham balcony! I'll never forget that live experience! Now I have DVR on two TVs and have have cleared many of my favorite programs to make sure there's enough space to record The Wedding. Kid# 5 is 11 months younger than William, but he could care less. Sigh. Memories! Hope you get to watch it!
Loved your story. Had 3 alarms set up for 4:30 AM -- including one I had to jump out of bed to shut off -- so I would not miss it. BIL taped it for me as we did not have a VCR. DD was a little over 2 when Charles and Diana got married. Prior to the wedding, she had to have the engagement picture of "Pince" Charles and Lady Diana on the table or would not eat breakfast. When she saw the Archbishop of Cantebury, she yelled out "Supe-Man" We saw the Princesss when she came to DC when DD was 6 -- stood for hours at the hospice she visited -- she was absolutely gorgeous. Her funeral was the day that we took DD to college. I have a few taped versions but it is too sad to watch.

Now with the new technology, I will try to tape a couple of versions. BBC America and Wedding Central have the BBC coverage and I think one of both may live stream the wedding. In addition to the broadcast news, I think CNN and FoxNews should have the wedding -- they all had Prince Charles and the Rottweiler (I mean Camilla)'s wedding.

Unless they expect ninjas or pirates to attack the wedding at some point, I have zero interest in watching it.

From my point of view (my wife's as well, now that I think about it), most weddings are needlessly long and complex - especially for something that is, in essence, a civil contract signing.

Our own wedding ceremony was about five minutes long from start to finish. The dinner and open bar went on for hours, but we made sure the boring stuff was over lickity split.

We will be on RCCL (Radiance) on William & Kate's wedding day, as well! I am not sure if I will want to wake up ridiculously early on my last sea day to watch it, but it would be nice to have the option just in case we get caught up in "Royal Fever" by then.

I don't remember much about Charles & Diana's wedding. I know I was 9, and I stayed overnight at my cousins' house so we could all get up early and watch it together.

Archived