Seaside Theatre Movies

TxChick

Just curious, what movies are played? Surely it changes but I would like to know if it is new releases, animated for the kids. Also, and call me crazy, but I'll be sailing when William and Kate get married and I'd really like to see it :o

Also, can you hear the movie with all the goings on on deck?

Just curious, what movies are played? Surely it changes but I would like to know if it is new releases, animated for the kids. Also, and call me crazy, but I'll be sailing when William and Kate get married and I'd really like to see it :o

Also, can you hear the movie with all the goings on on deck?

You have no problem hearing the movies.

We were on Freedom this past October and here are the situations we encounted with the movies - - - "Holmes" We really tried hard to enjoy the movie but there were people playing cards and hooping and hollering all the time. I understand it was their cruise, too, but it would have been nice for them to have respected all of us by being quieter or maybe moving their game somewhere away from the "quiet" area. We left after about 15 minutes. "Princess and the Frog" Love the movie (even at age 54)!!!! It was shown around 1 in the afternoon and we were sailing in the direction where the sun was in our eyes. The Randy Travis concert they showed one night before the main movie was fantastic!

There's generally two or three events on the SeaSide Theater each evening. If movies are being shown the first one is always family oriented so it should be great for kids. The latest one may be R rated but generally PG 13.

They're not new releases but Carnival does get some movies that are not currently available on DVD. Good stuff!

:)

Found the sound on the Splendor to be muddy. Not clear, and as others have said, with people playing, walking through, talking while walking through...it made it very difficult to hear, and I have good hearing.

We left after 15 minutes of what felt like straining to hear. A cool concept, that just didn't work for us.

On our Victory cruise we laid out on the loungers and watched the Bee Gees in concert. The lido deck was pretty empty that night and we truly enjoyed being out in the fresh sea air at 9:00 at night. Maybe it has to do with what's playing on the big screeen. The Bee Gees are probably not a big draw.

• 1 year later...

Archived