Carnival Freedom Review - 2/26/11-3/6/11

Mrs.C05

Great review, we will be on the Freedom this December. We were thinking about booking with Tortola Charters too. How long was the boat ride over to JVD? Just wondering because you talk about meeting them at 8:15am and say you go to the island at 11am.

Did you think you had enough time there? Thanks for taking the time to write your review:)

The boat ride was about 1.5hr ride:eek: I'm sure that's because there wasn't any wind helping us out (we were open full throttle on the motor and sails still open. We had a few late stragglers so we didn't leave the marina til about 8:45am after he got done with his little speech. We were to meet on ships time of 8:30am (but it was 9:30am their time). We arrived to JVD about 10:45-11am. We had about 2 hours to do what we wanted. Since our ship left at 3:30pm, we had to leave by 12:45 our time, (1:45 their time). We made it back to the marina about 2:50pm so a lot of us walked quickly to the ship. It was a tight squeeze on timing, and if we went again, I'd look into possibly taking the ferry over. It was much faster.

We'd certainly do it again, depending on the timing that we're there with the ship. It was a lovely time for sure, very relaxing and it's like you're in a different world.

Love your review of the Freedom - DH and I are taking our first cruise on the Freedom starting November 13th. Very excited and by reading and seeing pictures makes me even more ready!!!!

Question on the Captain's dinner I am interested in doing this, how did you like it and what was the cost if you remember.

Thanks again your review and photos were GREAT.

Archived