Not so "LIVE" Allure of the Seas Review with PIX!

Have a wonderful 2nd cruise on Allure! I hope you'll do another review with pictures -- help me get ready for Oasis next month (only 5 weeks and 5 days, but who's counting ;)).

Thanks so much, Joan! I hope you have a great time on Oasis... and maybe you'll do a comparison between the two ships? Would LOVE to read your thoughts. :)

Michelle-Wishing you calm seas & blue skies for your cruise! :)

Buffet-Ditto on your sailing! :)

Can't wait to hear about your new adventures aboard Allure

Between the three of us...we can all help each other through PCD, or at least start planning future cruises!! :D

Between the three of us...we can all help each other through PCD, or at least start planning future cruises!! :D

Sounds like a plan!!! I have Liberty coming up in November, so, hopefully, the PCD won't be too bad. Unfortunately, I don't have another cruise booked or considered after that. THAT could be a big problem.

Michele - I am so glad I stumbled upon this review. What a pleasure to read. Your writing "voice" is wonderful and the responses have been so kind and helpful... a little unusual for these boards to not have any controversy. ;)

I am going with my 3 kiddos (9/6/4) in May. I have done 3 voyager-class cruises, but never Allure and never with KIDS. If you go ahead and write a review based on your Allure-with-kids experience, I'll be your new best friend. lol.

After reading all this (23 pages in one afternoon!), I am almost excited for you and your cruise as I am for me and mine. ;)

Have fun, and thanks!

Just re read your whole review:o:D

When I read it " live" we had just booked Oasis, and it was one of the wonderful reviews that was a huge planning help to me! I think I mentioned that in my Oasis review, if not by name, then in spirit!

Now I re read with an eye to Allure, since we've booked that, and I'm anticipating at least a " report" from you after your upcoming Allure with the kids, since we are taking kids next time and I have a feeling the experience will be different. Course mine are mostly grown ( I only work with 3 yos now;))

5 days, yeah! Have a wonderful time and I will be watching for your report when you get back!

BTW- is the wedding going to happen? Not sure if I missed the outcome of that, but if so congrats to the happy couple!

Michele - I am so glad I stumbled upon this review. What a pleasure to read. Your writing "voice" is wonderful and the responses have been so kind and helpful... a little unusual for these boards to not have any controversy. ;)

I am going with my 3 kiddos (9/6/4) in May. I have done 3 voyager-class cruises, but never Allure and never with KIDS. If you go ahead and write a review based on your Allure-with-kids experience, I'll be your new best friend. lol.

After reading all this (23 pages in one afternoon!), I am almost excited for you and your cruise as I am for me and mine. ;)

Have fun, and thanks!

How sweet! Thanks so much!

I've only been on one cruise with kids - Freedom 2010 (there's a review to that too! LOL Check out my sig if you're interested). BUT, I've never been on a cruise with my kids AND husband at the same time, so the Allure will be a new experience for all of us.

Thanks for reading, new BFF. LOL

Just re read your whole review:o:D

When I read it " live" we had just booked Oasis, and it was one of the wonderful reviews that was a huge planning help to me! I think I mentioned that in my Oasis review, if not by name, then in spirit!

Now I re read with an eye to Allure, since we've booked that, and I'm anticipating at least a " report" from you after your upcoming Allure with the kids, since we are taking kids next time and I have a feeling the experience will be different. Course mine are mostly grown ( I only work with 3 yos now;))

5 days, yeah! Have a wonderful time and I will be watching for your report when you get back!

BTW- is the wedding going to happen? Not sure if I missed the outcome of that, but if so congrats to the happy couple!

Oh, gosh, you REREAD my review?! WOW! That may be the best compliment I've ever gotten! LOL And thanks for the physical or spiritual mention. ;)

The wedding is going to happen... everything is ready and fingers are crossed that nothing goes wrong.

3 days until we fly to Florida for a few days R&R before our CRUISE! Stay tuned for the next "Almost Live"...

I'm so glad it all came together! But it won't be a great wedding story unless something goes wrong:rolleyes::p Congrats to the happy couple and hope your family has a blast...can't wait for the whole story!

OH NO, please don't say that! LOL Seriously, we've already had one major panic attack... still hoping it all works out. Regardless, I WILL BE ON THE SHIP even if some others won't be! LOL (Don't ask... trust me.)

Michele, Thank you so much for your review and all the pictures. We are sailing on the Allure on Feb. 26th. Gives me even more to look forward to. Thanks

Cindy

You're so welcome! Your time is coming soooooooo soon!!!

Just a few more days Michele....I bet you're over the top excited! :D

I'm a little anxious right now... trying to pack for 5 of us within the airline's baggage policies. FRUSTRATING! LOL

I'll get back to EXCITED once I figure out how to get all my crap to fit.

I'm a little anxious right now... trying to pack for 5 of us within the airline's baggage policies. FRUSTRATING! LOL

I'll get back to EXCITED once I figure out how to get all my crap to fit.

I bet so! I'm determined for this cruise that I WILL NOT OVER PACK. At least I keep telling myself that. ;)

If you were to ask a co-worker of mine what you "need" for a cruise, she says she would just pack a few bathing suits, flip flops and a couple of shorts. If only it were really that simple!!

I actually started pulling things out last night - and so far, I'm sticking to my resolution to not overpack. In the worst case scenario, I'll just have to buy something to wear on board ;)

It's calling for snow here today - and that's fine by me. I want it to snow and get it over with before we have to think of leaving. Hope the weather holds out for you too!

On our last Allure cruise we didn't step foot in the MDR except to take a photo. Other than a few specialty dining experiences, we could've gotten away with shorts and tshirts. I've gotta say, it was pretty relaxing not worrying about all the changes in clothes! On the other hand, we do enjoy going to the different venues that require a little more "dress." We will be doing that this time around, at least getting to the MDR.

Winter skipped us this year, and I wouldn't mind seeing some... snow. But just for a day or two, and it can't interfere with my travel plans. ;)

Hey Michelle-Have I got a song for U!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3cQq1UexA&feature=related

Oh man I bet sailing on Allure is every bit as silky smooth as Smokey's voice!

Wow! 3 more days! I'm also betting you can't sleep! lol

LOL - LOVE it! Thanks for the big goofy grin that I'm wearing on my face right now. :D We leave for HOLLYWOOD (Florida) tomorrow!!! CANNOT WAIT to get this party STARTED!

Love, love, love this review! Thank You!

Thank you very, very, very much!

Michele,

DW and I just put our deposit down on our cruise on the Allure for the 7/22 Eastern Caribbean itinerary... Reading the past 24 pages has only amp'd up the excitement I had reading about this ship... This will be my 3rd cruise, my wife's second and the first one without our 2 daughters... they're going to be at sleep away camp for 25 days.

By now, I think you're in Florida celebrating with your family and your sister's impending wedding.. Mazel Tov to all of you ..

Can't wait until your next review... Something for me to do for the next 168 days..

mG

Winter skipped us this year, and I wouldn't mind seeing some... snow. But just for a day or two, and it can't interfere with my travel plans. ;)

Oh Michele! We are getting snow now! Guess you got out of WV just in time!! :D For some reason my sister said she read that Hairspray may be showing on Allure. Let me know if it is, please if you hear anything about it! Have a blast!!! 64 days and I will be on her! I'm sooo excited! :cool:

Steph

Archived