Not so "LIVE" Allure of the Seas Review with PIX!

Michele- Wondering did you take your Ipod with on your Allure cruise & if so how did the in cabin docking station sound? Kinda nice that we won't have to take our lil speakers this trip :)

We took our iPhones, but I never docked mine (my case is a PITA to take off). Besides, we weren't in our cabin very often, and, when we were, we were on the balcony. At least I was. With a great book. That I'm STILL READING! LOL (I think I need to take another cruise to finish that thing!)

Hi Michele! Bet you're excited for your next Allure cruise. It'll be here before you know it!

Snorkel Dawg -- we were on the same Allure cruise as Michele -- we used the dock for our iPhones. I'm pretty sure the speakers were okay.

I'm really going to miss that feature on Oasis... :(

Snorkel Dawg -- we were on the same Allure cruise as Michele -- we used the dock for our iPhones. I'm pretty sure the speakers were okay.

Joan- Thanks. So the Ipod docks are a first on Allure?

Any weight we can keeo out of the suitcases is a wonderful thing!

Hi Michele! Bet you're excited for your next Allure cruise. It'll be here before you know it!

Definitely!!! And I'm sure you're excited for Oasis! Another B2B?! Exciting!

Good to hear from you. :)

A B2B...I'm green with envy!

Great review!!!! I spent the past few days reading it from start to finish. We will be on it in October!

Question about Rita's Fiesta: do you know if you can order any three drinks with the drink vouchers or do they have to be margarita's? And is it a set menu during the fiesta party? I'm not a big fan of tequila...

Great review!!!! I spent the past few days reading it from start to finish. We will be on it in October!

Question about Rita's Fiesta: do you know if you can order any three drinks with the drink vouchers or do they have to be margarita's? And is it a set menu during the fiesta party? I'm not a big fan of tequila...

Thanks, Mandy (and Josh)! I can't even begin to tell you what an amazing ship the Allure is. She's not for everyone, but I can't imagine anyone saying she's not a spectacular sight. I hope you write a review when you return - I'd love to read about your impressions.

Regarding Rita's... most people will tell you that you can get any alcoholic beverage sold there. This is probably true, but I will tell you that they STRESSED to us that you could get one of 3 margaritas or beer. I wanted a margarita and my husband wanted a beer so we didn't test the "can I have something else" option. Just smile and ask nicely and you're likely to get what you want. :D Also, the menu is set, but there is a good variety offered. My memory is shot, but I believe there are 3-4 different items on the appetizer and dessert trays and 2 or 3 (chicken, steak and maybe shrimp) fajitas for the entree. Trust me, there is more than enough food, and they will bring out more of an item if you run out. It's not great food, but the party atmosphere (not too crazy on our evening) combined with the drinks equaled a good time and good value.

Have you made all your reservations yet? Excursions?

Reservations for the shows are not open yet, we probably won't do any specialty dining, but did purchase soda cards for the kids & considering a wine pkg.

Excursions-we only booked online in St. Maarten w/Benard.

In our other 2 ports we'll just hop a taxi on our own...

St. Thomas-Red Hook ferry to St. John/go snorkeling beach day!

Nassau-Cable beach snorkel/chilling on the beach day!

Wow! I really loved your review! Loved our time on Allure back in October, and frankly, can't wait to take another cruise on her. We are sailing on Navigator next week, departing on Sunday, and Allure will be in port. I'm sure I'll enjoy Navigator, but I have never experienced the level of service I received on Allure on any other RCL cruise. It was just phenomenal.

Reservations for the shows are not open yet, we probably won't do any specialty dining, but did purchase soda cards for the kids & considering a wine pkg.

Excursions-we only booked online in St. Maarten w/Benard.

In our other 2 ports we'll just hop a taxi on our own...

St. Thomas-Red Hook ferry to St. John/go snorkeling beach day!

Nassau-Cable beach snorkel/chilling on the beach day!

We just purchased our first ever soda card - and it's for my oldest DD! LOL Hopefully you don't have too much longer to book your shows. They opened up pretty early for us last March, but it was closer to the 90 day mark on this one.

St. Martin is one of my favorite places! I've heard many great things about Benard. Have a great time! Did you price the ship's tour to St. John? It was a little more, but I was so glad we chose it - no worries about getting to the ferry in time/waiting on the next one, fighting traffic, etc; although, I'd do it "on my own" if the price was much better. Either way, St. John is beautiful! I'd go back there for a week or two (or more!). Have a great time!!!

Wow! I really loved your review! Loved our time on Allure back in October, and frankly, can't wait to take another cruise on her. We are sailing on Navigator next week, departing on Sunday, and Allure will be in port. I'm sure I'll enjoy Navigator, but I have never experienced the level of service I received on Allure on any other RCL cruise. It was just phenomenal.

Thank you so much! It sounds like you need another fix - me too! The Navigator was my parents and siblings first Royal Caribbean ship - they really liked their experience, and they've been pretty excited about the other Royal ships they've cruised/booked (Freedom and Allure) - and who wouldn't be?! Hope your Navigator cruise is wonderful... and maybe you could be a NextCruise for Allure?! :D

Fantastic review! I love the "not so live" idea.

Thank you, thank you! So glad you liked it! All the nice things people say make all the time writing so worthwhile. The "not so live" was my only option - I couldn't take the time to do a "Live" posting - my husband would've thrown me overboard! LOL At any rate, I'll probably do another "Not so Live" after our February Allure cruise. Same ship, different itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...

QTMichele, eventhough it's almost been a whole year since you first sailed the Allure, I sure hope you're still accepting compliments! You get an A++ on your spectacular "Not So Live" review! I found your thread last year in June right after we booked our cruise for this year in May. (In fact, as of today, we have 120 days left... and trying to patiently wait... but yeah, that's not happening as we all know! :D) Thank you for your time and serious effort in making the ship come alive. I've enjoyed your beautiful pictures and your humorous and informative comments. Great job!!! ~ Pam

QTMichele, eventhough it's almost been a whole year since you first sailed the Allure, I sure hope you're still accepting compliments! You get an A++ on your spectacular "Not So Live" review! I found your thread last year in June right after we booked our cruise for this year in May. (In fact, as of today, we have 120 days left... and trying to patiently wait... but yeah, that's not happening as we all know! :D) Thank you for your time and serious effort in making the ship come alive. I've enjoyed your beautiful pictures and your humorous and informative comments. Great job!!! ~ Pam

How nice of you, Pam! Thanks so much for reading and commenting - I really appreciate it, and it makes all the time I took to write the review and post the pictures worthwhile. I appreciate my readers. :)

You're so close to your cruise! Are you able to book any reservations yet? Ours came our just over 100 days prior to our cruise - maybe even 120 days'ish. Start checking - you'll have them soon, if you don't already.

I'll be cruising on Allure again - 14 days from now. Do I need to tell you how excited I am? NAH! I haven't decided if I'll post another "Not so live" review, but I'll certainly post something upon my return. This cruise brings an entirely different experience for us - our kids are going, it's a family reunion of sorts (21 of us are going), and my sister is getting married while we're in Jamaica. I'm sure I'll have something new to write about. :)

Thanks again for your kind words...

Michele

Hey Michele!

Your cruise is SO close I'm sure your so excited!!

I'm interested to know if you check out the Royal connect deal with the phones? There isn't alot of info on Rccl. If by chance you do I'd love to know from someone's first hand experience!

Have a fabulous time can't wait to "hear" your thoughts when you get back! :D

~Steph

74 days till vacation!

Hey Michele!

Your cruise is SO close I'm sure your so excited!!

I'm interested to know if you check out the Royal connect deal with the phones? There isn't alot of info on Rccl. If by chance you do I'd love to know from someone's first hand experience!

Have a fabulous time can't wait to "hear" your thoughts when you get back! :D

~Steph

74 days till vacation!

Excited? Nah... just ECSTATIC!!! Kind of jumping out of my skin and wishing time away... it's so hard to wait, harder now than it was even 10 months ago!

I'm interested in getting a Royal Connect phone too (they'll always be "Wow" phones to me! LOL). We'll probably rent a few since we have kids and a large group to keep in touch with. I'll see what I can find out and pass along the info upon my return. That and those elusive Nellie's Beach cabanas that are new and hard to get info on.

Thanks for "stopping by"!

I'm sure you're getting really excited for your next cruise. We have been on Voyager a couple of times & Disney several times. We were undecided whether to try Disney's New ship Fantasy or maybe Ruby Princess but after reading your review I think we will definitely try Oasis or Allure in December.

I'm sure you're getting really excited for your next cruise. We have been on Voyager a couple of times & Disney several times. We were undecided whether to try Disney's New ship Fantasy or maybe Ruby Princess but after reading your review I think we will definitely try Oasis or Allure in December.

Oh yes, definitely excited! And a little anxious... I'm always that way just before I have to travel. I think it's all the packing (I pack for myself and 3 kids - refuse to pack hubby's! LOL) and worrying that I'll forget something, but it's a good anxiety. ;)

I'd love to go on a Disney ship, but our vacation dollars only go so far, especially because we still do land vacations each year. Maybe one day. For you, I don't think you can lose either way. :) Good luck deciding, and if you've already decided the Oasis Class, then kudos! Now it's time to book it! :D

Thanks for reading!

I remember reading this last year just before our trip on the Oasis. I can't believe I didn't compliment you then for a job very, very well done.

How are the wedding plans coming? Is your sis still getting married on Jamaica? Please, please do another review. We are going on Oasis again in April and I'm already so excited. Taking two newbies and can't wait to show them the ship. Have a fabulous time and take mucho photos!!!

I remember reading this last year just before our trip on the Oasis. I can't believe I didn't compliment you then for a job very, very well done.

How are the wedding plans coming? Is your sis still getting married on Jamaica? Please, please do another review. We are going on Oasis again in April and I'm already so excited. Taking two newbies and can't wait to show them the ship. Have a fabulous time and take mucho photos!!!

Thank you so much! :)

The wedding plans are coming along very well, thanks for asking. My sister and her fiancé are getting married while we're on Jamaica, then will have a reception about a month after we return. (We have to have time to get over that darn Post Cruise Depression, ya know. LOL) Thanks for asking!

After considering how different this cruise will be than our last, I am pretty sure I'll write at least a mini-review. Between the pre-stay, kids/family/group we're traveling with, wedding, new Nellie's cabanas, post-stay and more, I'm sure I can find something to write about that people will find useful or entertaining. And, perhaps more important, it will give those of you with upcoming cruises something to read to kill time while you wait on your cruise! :D

Thank you again for your kind words, and for checking back in.

Michelle - you're on the Allure the week before I am - I'll definitely look for your review once I get back, it will be great to relive the cruise all over again while goign through post cruise depression!

And then you can write a review when you get back to help me with MY post cruise depression. ;)

Archived