Sun Princess 14 April 2 nighter - another upgrade!

Got another upgrade :D

Now in II cabin on Riviera.....I'm slowly working my way up out of the dark depths of this ship :p There's hope for a window yet :eek:, although I'm a hop, skip and a jump to fresh air now on Deck 12 :)

one online TA has that cruise going for inside $149...outside $199 and a balcony for $249....we got an upgrade also on the Hawaii cruise, booked an inside on deck 8 and moved to a window on deck 5

• 3 weeks later...

We should have a thread with cabins not to book :D

And this is one of them. Riviera Deck (I was in in R330) is right below the Horizon Court and the noise goes morning, noon and allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll night long! Can't tell you exactly what the noise was but it was akin to dishwashers, trolleys and all sorts of noises. I'm not complaining as it was only 2 nights but if it was any longer and I had paid for it, I don't think I would have been a happy little cruiser :p

This was my first inside cabin :eek: Not bad, it was square in shape so had a fair bit of room rather than the elongated cabins so you could swing a cat :D

Sometimes just getting a cabin is a bonus! We arrived only to find at check in no record of our booking at all. Luckily we had all copies of our paperwork, boarding passes, cruise personaliser etc. and it wasn't a last minute booking. As we arrived early, early there was a lot of to and froing for over an hour, eventually we were given an alternate room. If we were later arriving, we doubt we would have even been on the ship. Moral of the story - arrive early, early and photocopy everything!

We should have a thread with cabins not to book :D

And this is one of them. Riviera Deck (I was in in R330) is right below the Horizon Court and the noise goes morning, noon and allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll night long! Can't tell you exactly what the noise was but it was akin to dishwashers, trolleys and all sorts of noises. I'm not complaining as it was only 2 nights but if it was any longer and I had paid for it, I don't think I would have been a happy little cruiser :p

This was my first inside cabin :eek: Not bad, it was square in shape so had a fair bit of room rather than the elongated cabins so you could swing a cat :D

Hi Deb

I was more than a little interested in your comments about being under the Horizon Court, as we are booked into R348 for our NYE cruise to NZ.

R348 is just down the corridore from R330 but is an outside cabin.

From my knowledge of SunP the Horizon Court sweeps around the outside, leaving the central section for the Kitchen/preparation area. R330 appears to be just below where the Buffet stations adjoin this area, which would explain the various "kitchen" sounds that you experienced.

Hopefully, R348, which is below the seating section will not have these disturbances. Interested to hear if you think otherwise....Princess (and my TA) promote the the Riveria BA cabins as being better than those on other decks.

Hope you looked after my ship for us...only 265 days before we go on board

cheers

Agreed, that cabin was right below the galley and serving areas of the buffet so had a lot of traffic above, and with a hard floor. The location of r348 is underneath purely a carpeted seating area so should muffle most of the noise. (And they say these ships are classless! ;-))

I was on Dolphin deck in an inside there. No noise issues so slept in the first night - lovely!

Agreed, that cabin was right below the galley and serving areas of the buffet so had a lot of traffic above, and with a hard floor. The location of r348 is underneath purely a carpeted seating area so should muffle most of the noise. (And they say these ships are classless! ;-))

I was on Dolphin deck in an inside there. No noise issues so slept in the first night - lovely!

Yes, we were on Dolphin deck in an inside cabin too. No noise really except when the stewards were up and about early morning and early evening.... nothing much to whinge about though. It was an elongated cabin and I must agree with Deb that the square cabins are much better.

Archived