Tips on how to make my first cruise special..

I am prepared. I have done all the research and planned excursions. I know we are going to the port 2 days prior to the day of setting sail. What can I do to make this first cruise special?

What did you do to make your first cruise special?

Do I really have to even try? DH and I will be celebrating 10 years together and 2 years married.:D

Dont know if you drink champagne ever, but my fiance and I are going to get the honeymoon etched glasses. They are $18.95 from the bon voyage store online. its just something to help us remember it. They have the option of love, wedding, honeymoon and anniversary. They have the carnival logo on them also.

here is the link:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Special+Occasions&pid=79#_

My husband won't drink champagne but I do. That is a very cute idea. I'd love to have those. I just might do that. I know I was looking at getting the champagne and choco strawberries for me anyway, but he wouldn't really enjoy that, it would just be me...

I cant drink that cheap champagne Carnival serves. I would buy some sparkly Spanish bubbly and have that be my wine carry on if I wanted champagne, and just buy the chocolate covered stawberries.

I cant drink that cheap champagne Carnival serves. I would buy some sparkly Spanish bubbly and have that be my wine carry on if I wanted champagne, and just buy the chocolate covered stawberries.

He won't drink it anyway, but the flutes are a good way to remember we had our anniversary on our first cruise.

And I am sure it will be a super fun time, at least for me. I am just happy to be going.

He did say he would do wine tasting with me and that is a huge deal. He doesn't drink wine, but said he might if he knew exactly how to pair it with food :D

Board the ship :p

I agreed - sounds like you have your pre cruise planning done and if you've planned your port stops just sit back, relax and take it all in. Congrats on your anniversary and have an awesome cruise!!

How to make your first cruise special??

Board the ship :p

I was trying to figure out how to "summarize", but you beat me to it! lol

First and foremost, check the stress, attitude, and unrealistic expectations at the bottom of the gang way! They'll be waiting for you when you get back. It will be everything that you make it. Enjoy yourself.

take pictures, scrap them when you return or arrange in a photo album. Do take advantage of the ships photographers....you can get a nice portrait for $20.00. If you buy them all, it can get expensive, but if you buy only one or two, you can get a fabulous photo with out a sitting fee. When you see the activity list....don't think you have to do everything. It took the returning sea day for my DH to realize he could actually not do anything but relax. If you are on a ship with a supper club....why not do that on your anniversary?

Make a scrapbook of your cruise. The ship sells scrapbooks and materials. If you wait until the last day, all of the books and materials usually go on sale. They are Carnival and ship specific so it makes it nice to have some of these to use for your album. The sale will be listed in the Fun Times. Pack a large brown padded envelope to use to save your Fun Times and any other things that you may pick up along the way to use in your book. We picked up some post cards from each port and also some brochures from our excursions. The envelope takes up very little room in your suitcase and will keep your scrapbook materials all in one place and free of creases. We became engaged on our first cruise and made a beautiful scrapbook to remember it by. The craft stores or even Walmart has a scrapbook section with lots of nice boarders and stickers to embelish your album. Larger craft stores like our local Hobby-Lobby even has a scrapbook section that has cruise specific items. Scrapbooking is a lot of fun and a creative way to cherish your memories.

Gook luck and have a great cruise.

I am prepared. I have done all the research and planned excursions. I know we are going to the port 2 days prior to the day of setting sail. What can I do to make this first cruise special?

What did you do to make your first cruise special?

Do I really have to even try? DH and I will be celebrating 10 years together and 2 years married.:D

Congrats on your anniversary, any cruise will be special, but this is what we did for our first cruise. We were sailing on the Jubilee out of Tampa, we rented a Limo to take us to the airport Saturday morning and had mimosa's waiting for us in the car, upon arriving in Tampa, had another limo pick us up and take us to Channelside for boarding, know it was a small thing, but we enjoyed the looks from the other passengers, wondering who the "celebrities" were who would be on the ship with them.

Mimgan

Archived