Time change

lilyfrog73

Every ship I've taken to Bermuda changes to local (Atlantic) time, so it's probably a safe bet yours will (Although I have been on a couple of Carnival cruises...not to Bermuda...that didn't switch to local time). Yes, Bermuda is one hour ahead of Eastern time, and they observe daylight savings time.

OK, so you think it would be safe to say the 1pm means Bermuda 1pm. My concern is that it will actually be 2pm, which cuts us down an hour for travel time based on some closing times for a few things I would like to go to our first day.

Just trying to get as much in as I can without going crazy!!:eek:

hey lilyfrog....im travelling with yo and thats a great thought...I never even thought about that....if I remember im almost positive that all times listed are SHIP time (which would mean NY time in our case)-however that corresponds to Bermuda time I have no idea !!!

hey lilyfrog....im travelling with yo and thats a great thought...I never even thought about that....if I remember im almost positive that all times listed are SHIP time (which would mean NY time in our case)-however that corresponds to Bermuda time I have no idea !!!

Every ship I have been on to Bermuda has changed to local Bermuda time before arriving. I can't imagine they won't do that but then again if you are going on Carnival all bets are off....

Every ship I have been on to Bermuda has changed to local Bermuda time before arriving. I can't imagine they won't do that but then again if you are going on Carnival all bets are off....

Carnival doesn't come here ... :) ...

My husband said to me "Only you would think of that!" When I'm planning, I try to think of everything. I think too much sometimes.:rolleyes:

Bermuda kept Carnival out for years as the perceived profile of Carnival did not fit with Bermuda's perception who they wanted visiting the island. Times are leaner now....... :)

Yeah but the problem with that is the ship that leaves for Bermuda from my homeport only spends something like 22 hours there. We are not going since we usually cruise on the ships that spend three days there.

The dockyard is becoming prime real estate for cruiseships. Hamilton and St George's can only handle the smaller ship which are few and far between now.

Yeah but the problem with that is the ship that leaves for Bermuda from my homeport only spends something like 22 hours there. We are not going since we usually cruise on the ships that spend three days there.

The dockyard is becoming prime real estate for cruiseships. Hamilton and St George's can only handle the smaller ship which are few and far between now.

I did the Veendam last year and I am doing it again. Almost 4 days in Bermuda. I recommend it. Smaller ship with very good food and service. It reminds me of the many times I went on the Zenith.

I did the Veendam last year and I am doing it again. Almost 4 days in Bermuda. I recommend it. Smaller ship with very good food and service. It reminds me of the many times I went on the Zenith.

OOOOOH, the Zenith.....be still my heart.:)

Not sure we should try the Veendam. Started sailing the Zenith and Celebrity "retired" it. Went to the Empress of the Seas, RCCL "retired" it. Then started on the Majesty and....... NCL "retired" her. Definite pattern here.:D

The one from my home port, Baltimore, spends 2 nights.

Archived