Any Reviews Commnets My Time n Place Falmouth

Puffinater

the Chukka beach break and lunch is $49. it does seem responsible for what you get. just trying to get a safe, clean, but still authentic Jamaican experience. it looks like we will be choosing Chukka beach. we would rather be with a legit group with transportation and jerk lunch is a nice bonus :). we also want some time for shopping and maybe some hair braiding. did you see hair braiders by and or near the beach?? we are going in April, i hope we have a good experience! :)

• 2 months later...

We visited here during the first week of December.

This was my first time on a cruise, but one of the people in our group had been on many previous cruises and had found My Time N Place. This place ended up being the highlight for my wife and I out of our 6 day cruise.

We called Tony (the owner of My Time) when we got to Falmouth and he met us in town with a taxi. There was some confusion over the amount of the taxi ride, but Tony honored the price on the website.

It was about a 10 or 15 minute taxi ride.

We turned off the main road, pulled into My Time, and we were about 100 yards from the beach. Plus, we were the only people there.

The place is rustic. I don't know if I would want to sleep there, but it is great for a day at the beach.

Lots of shells to snorkel for because the waters haven't been picked clean by all the other cruisers.

My Time had a sea kayak that we used.

Everyone was very nice and helpful. We spent about 6 hours here and drank a lot of Red Stripe and other drinks.

Most of our group ate the jerk chicken, but I ordered a lobster which they cooked on the charcoal grill. It was delicious.

I would definitely go back to this place to get away from the crowds and just relax.

I joined cruise critic for two reasons:

1. To complain about Premier Parking in Ft. Lauderdale.

2. To praise my time n place and Tony.

This is the strangest port of call I have ever come up against. There is literally nothing but "Fluff" excursions available (Unless you want to go to Dunns River Falls..(Which just isn;t our thing) For the 1st time in over 100 ports of call we have visited, we are considering staying on board...really hate to do that, but seems foolish to pay for tour we are just not interested in....If you come up with anything "exciting" (but not adventurous or thrill seeking) please post.

We are not getting off the ship either. I totally agree with you. This is the strangest port of call. My husband and I have done all the island multi times. So going to this port is not exciting at all to us. I am glad we are on The Allure of the Seas. Just so we can cover the ship. However, it sounds like several people are doing the same thing on our roll call. Staying on the ship at this port.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I just went on the Allure of the Seaswestern Carribean Cruise last week and decided to go to My Time N Place. We chose to get a cab from Falmouth, which was a little sketchy. As you leave the gated confines of the port, itis very busy and the police directed us to the cab area directly across the street. The cab driver took us out there (20 minute drive) but constantly questioned if we really wanted to go there, offering more touristy options like Montego Bay. We stuck to our guns, paid him $25 (later found out too high) and entered. We walked in and there was only 2 workers there and NO ONE else. Ordered 2 red stripes, sat down in a pair of beach chairs, and literally had the whole beach to ourselves for 2 hours (10am-noon), besides the naked people walking around one the nudist beach next door ( not real close). We were a little nervous no one was there, but 2 more couples showed up, (with their own cabbie!) and the owner Tony came out to greet us. He gave us a great tour of the property and was a great person. His staff cooked us jerk chicken and rice ($10 split a plate) and it was delicious. After some more folks showed up, some laughs, and many red stripes, it was time to go back to port. We hopped in the van with our new friends, bid Tony adieu, and headed back. The cab ride back was only $7.50 each. If you are looking for a REAL Jamaican experience, this is the place to go. I would try and arrange your travel directly through My Time and Place so they can prepare for your arrival so your experience will be even better! If we ever make it back, we will be visiting Tony again.

Used the site to research our cruise on the Allure and found this thread. It convinced us to go. We had so much fun I wanted to pass it on. We were nervous going in, so I figured sharing our positive experience would put more folks at ease. Tried to post our pic with Tony but it has to have a URL.

Used the site to research our cruise on the Allure and found this thread. It convinced us to go. We had so much fun I wanted to pass it on. We were nervous going in, so I figured sharing our positive experience would put more folks at ease. Tried to post our pic with Tony but it has to have a URL.

I hope our day here is good like your day. Thanks for posting your thoughts. I will do the same when I return.

• 1 month later...

The bathrooms are extremely rustic. In fact, it would take a lot of remodeling to get them up to the level of rustic.

Don't get me wrong - my wife, our friends, and myself had a great time here and we would definitely go back, but everything is very basic.

We agree the restrooms are rustic. We were there a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time. Harvel and Tony are great. We were the only people there. We were not bothered by anyone on the beach it was a relaxing day. Our group of 12 ages 5-43 had no complaints. It isn't a resort by any means, but if you are looking for relaxation and cold drinks and good eats this maybe for you.

Drinks were $1 for soda/water, $3 for beer, and I think $4-6 for mixed. In terms of kids keeping busy, it all depends. There is a sea kayak, they have dogs to play with, and an endless beach to walk down. But, certain kids want wave runners and the like. That is not offered here.

Also, while it is great that you won't be solicited to buy stuff from vendors, please note that it is next to a nude resort. So, the kids might see naked people from a far. It didn't bother me, but might bother other parents. I was actually jealous of the water slide that they had next door :-p but naked water sliding doesn't sound pleasant.

Cfiguy is correct, we took sand toys for the smaller kids and they were content. As for the nudist hotel next door, yes we had a group that were putting on a show. Wasn't worth watching, we thought it was comical actually.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a little while since the last reviewers were on this board, but I still have a question about transportation. The website speaks of transportation being provided in the price.

Is the pick-up place very close to the gates? We're looking to avoid the aggressive "salespeople" that hound folks once they leave the gate.

Is the pick-up point easy to find?

Is it Tony's van, or a regular cab that Tony pays upon arrival?

This all sounds great to me, especially that it's away from the crowds, and the price is right. Don't even care about the rustic nature of the bathrooms, as long as there is TP and a sink. (i'm assuming there's a toilet - LOL)

It's the transportation part that has me nervous. Our only experience with cabs in Jamaica was less than wonderful. The cruiseship folks had made us very aware that price was to be determined with the driver BEFORE we got into the cab. Thankfully, we had done that. After we'd gotten into the cab, my dh noticed that there was no handle on the inside to get out! Talk about a captive audience! It turned out fine, however, but we weren't very comfortable. This was about 25 years ago, but I'm sure things haven't changed much.

• 4 weeks later...
Can someone who has gone more recently let me know what you thought of it? I too am curious how the transportation from tony works out? Do they serve any picky kid friendly foods there or just the jerk chicken?

I was there 2 weeks ago. We were picked up next to Scotia bank, which is to the right and several blocks outside the gates. We did have to go past some of the local sales people and cab drivers. They were aggressive, but not threatening, and freindly if you talked to them. They have beautiful hand crafts and carvings, at very reasonable prices. Harvel picked us up, but from recent posts it seems that they no longer offer pickup/dropoff. We were offered taxis for $20 each way on the way to our pickup point, but when we said we had already booked, they just pointed the way. There were restrooms (clean but very basic, just a stool and sink) and beach chairs. Nice almost deserted beach, nude resort next door, you could walk about 2 miles along the beach to get a view of the ships. If you walk it, Red Stripe beach is about half way. There are other things on the menu besides jerk chicken, but not sure about availability. I had the jerk chicken. I liked it, but wife thought it was too spicy, and there were many small bones in it. They charge $10 per person for use of facilities, and give you an arm band. Red stripe beer is $3, sodas $2, and they also serve mixed drinks.

I was there 2 weeks ago. We were picked up next to Scotia bank, which is to the right and several blocks outside the gates. We did have to go past some of the local sales people and cab drivers. They were aggressive, but not threatening, and freindly if you talked to them. They have beautiful hand crafts and carvings, at very reasonable prices. Harvel picked us up, but from recent posts it seems that they no longer offer pickup/dropoff. We were offered taxis for $20 each way on the way to our pickup point, but when we said we had already booked, they just pointed the way. There were restrooms (clean but very basic, just a stool and sink) and beach chairs. Nice almost deserted beach, nude resort next door, you could walk about 2 miles along the beach to get a view of the ships. If you walk it, Red Stripe beach is about half way. There are other things on the menu besides jerk chicken, but not sure about availability. I had the jerk chicken. I liked it, but wife thought it was too spicy, and there were many small bones in it. They charge $10 per person for use of facilities, and give you an arm band. Red stripe beer is $3, sodas $2, and they also serve mixed drinks.

Seems to be back up on their website 'cruisers special' including transportation. I e-mailed today and received a prompt response. I was offered pick-up times of 10AM or 11AM and could return to the ship at a time of our choice. Still haven't reserved though and they want 50% payment through Paypal prior to departure.

I would love to hear more from people who have been there.

Seems to be back up on their website 'cruisers special' including transportation. I e-mailed today and received a prompt response. I was offered pick-up times of 10AM or 11AM and could return to the ship at a time of our choice. Still haven't reserved though and they want 50% payment through Paypal prior to departure.

I would love to hear more from people who have been there.

The 50% paypal payment can be put on a credit card without a paypal account. It was not a problem, and we just told Harvel when we were about ready to return to the ship, he dropped us off just outside the gate at the port. Only about 5 - 10 minutes drive.

Sounds very nice! I hope he still does the transportation next year when we go...wont be worth it for a family of 6 to do $20 aperson for just a cab each way :( If thats the case Id do the cruise ship's excursion to Chukka then.

Can you tell me if you book the time you want to be picked up on Florida time? / is there a time difference? It will be April when we go.

Archived