Any Reviews Commnets My Time n Place Falmouth

Puffinater

I will be the first to say that my wife and I had a great time at this place. We were looking for a relaxing Jamaica spot that wasn't filled with commercial fluff.

The wooden huts and palm leaves reminded me of a Gilligan's Island Theme. We were able to drink pina- coladas and other natural fruit juice blended by the bartender and other requests. We also spoke to Tony the owner, who is such a character.

We gave the dogs treats ( coconut was my favorite dog)and snorkeled along the reef which is just walking distance into the beach. This was cool because usually we would have to take a boat ride out. We saw some beautiful fish. We played volley ball and made swings in an hammock located out in the water under a shed.

Overall we had a good time. But if you do not like the true authentic feeling of a country and prefer more commercialized activities this may not be the spot for you.

I'm very happy to hear you had such a positive experience. Thanks to your review, I'm much more likely to go to Time N Place, as I'm looking for authenticity and a break from the crowds.

Would you mind answering a few questions about your experience?

Did you try the food? I'm hoping they have above average jerk.

Did you use their snorkel equipment? If so, how was the quality of it? I am debating bringing my own equipment.

Did you take transpotation from Falmouth? If so, did you take a cab or the shuttle that is described on the Time n Place website?

Can you break down the cost of transportation/admittance? I'm trying to figure out what the cost will be for our group of 4 adults and 3 kids to get there and back.

Thanks for your review.

I will be the first to say that my wife and I had a great time at this place. We were looking for a relaxing Jamaica spot that wasn't filled with commercial fluff.

The wooden huts and palm leaves reminded me of a Gilligan's Island Theme. We were able to drink pina- coladas and other natural fruit juice blended by the bartender and other requests. We also spoke to Tony the owner, who is such a character.

We gave the dogs treats ( coconut was my favorite dog)and snorkeled along the reef which is just walking distance into the beach. This was cool because usually we would have to take a boat ride out. We saw some beautiful fish. We played volley ball and made swings in an hammock located out in the water under a shed.

Overall we had a good time. But if you do not like the true authentic feeling of a country and prefer more commercialized activities this may not be the spot for you.

What were the loungers like? From the website, it looks like hard wooden loungers with no cushions. Is that true?

From the website I could not tell if there was any shade you could be under on a towel or lounger. (Just maybe picnic tables in the shade). Could you comment about that?

Authentic is great but I do need a bathroom and some shade. I also don't want to get sick from bad water or ice. Other then that it's no problem mon. It's great to get the real feel of a an island rather then a made up resort sometimes.

Sailing By.... Great Reveiw.... but your ONLY post on Cruise Critic. Do you own the place or work there??? I'm counting on an honest review by Cya@Sea.

Sailing By.... Great Reveiw.... but your ONLY post on Cruise Critic. Do you own the place or work there??? I'm counting on an honest review by Cya@Sea.

Good point! Only one review, and this is it? Seems unusual, to say the least.

Our hopes and plans rest with Cya@Sea, who hasn't posted a thing since his/her cruise... also surprising, for someone with almost 500 posts.

Count me as another person who is hoping someone, cya@sea or anyone else who has been there recently (and who has more than one post on cruise critic), will post about recent experiences at this beach place. I mean no disrespect to newbie posters BUT out of fear of "plants" I need to see a persons posting history to qualify them as legit!

Anyone out there who has been to this beach, or any other beach easily accessible (and non-AI) from Falmouth?

Hi all,

We are back from Oasis "amazing". We didn't go to my time n place. We were a group of 12 and had 5 small kids with us. We got to the gate to exit and saw the people outside, and we went back to the ship. We miss missing MTNP but we vowed to go there next childless cruise. Sorry I couldn't give a review

Hi all,

We are back from Oasis "amazing". We didn't go to my time n place. We were a group of 12 and had 5 small kids with us. We got to the gate to exit and saw the people outside, and we went back to the ship. We miss missing MTNP but we vowed to go there next childless cruise. Sorry I couldn't give a review

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Having spent a few weeks in Jamaica, I understand where you were coming from, especially given the kiddo situation.

I'm bummed to not know more about MTNP (love the acro) but still looking forward to checking it out (even if I'm the cruise critic guinea pig).

Happy to hear that you found the Oasis amazing and hoping to read a review from you soon.

here's a youtube video I found of the place:

From that, there is nothing there as far are chairs/umbrellas are concerned, so guess we are back to the original plan and that will be to get a day pass to Breezes or stay on the ship.

here's a youtube video I found of the place:

Thanks for sharing the link! I think we would like to go there in November...only concern is getting a taxi there and back and how much that may be - it's hard to find specific transportation information for this port. I did see the picture of the board someone showed, but it doesn't seem to help much in the case of My Time n Place.

Would love to hear about any new informaiton you learn about this place!

Thanks,

Bridgette

Things do seem a bit iffy, and I found the youtube video slightly off putting. However, there is an older thread on the RC board which has just resurfaced, called 17 pages of tips , by pmekejk. He was there in April and has some positive things to say

I emailed them through their site yesterday asking about transportation there and back to the port and what to expect to pay...I got this response today...

There are transportation on the port. It usually costs about 10 us per person one way.

Lookng forward to seeing you.

Tnp Family...

If you've got the time, we've got the place

• 2 months later...

Glad I stumbled on this. I took 3 17 yr olds to Time N Place in April on our Freedom Cruise. There must have been a time change cause we couldn't find a taxi, but -no problem mon, another driver took us and Tony took care of him. They all know Tony around there. He was a bit short on help and I actually tended bar while he went to store for more mixers. It is a shack on a really pretty little stretch of beach. I didn't see any real snorkeling, but it was great to listen to music, drink rum (cheap) have some food (decent) and just play in the water. The girls LOVED being away from the crowds and we just chilled. I took a book and sat in the shade mostly. It's definitely for everyone, but I will go back this January!

I meant it's NOT for everyone- it's definitely just a low budget beach day! However it is SAFE and there are no people approaching you on the beach. Water is very shallow- would be easy for family to take blow up rafts and play in water.

Glad I stumbled on this. I took 3 17 yr olds to Time N Place in April on our Freedom Cruise. There must have been a time change cause we couldn't find a taxi, but -no problem mon, another driver took us and Tony took care of him. They all know Tony around there. He was a bit short on help and I actually tended bar while he went to store for more mixers. It is a shack on a really pretty little stretch of beach. I didn't see any real snorkeling, but it was great to listen to music, drink rum (cheap) have some food (decent) and just play in the water. The girls LOVED being away from the crowds and we just chilled. I took a book and sat in the shade mostly. It's definitely for everyone, but I will go back this January!

I meant it's NOT for everyone- it's definitely just a low budget beach day! However it is SAFE and there are no people approaching you on the beach. Water is very shallow- would be easy for family to take blow up rafts and play in water.

Thanks for the update. Appreciate the info.

• 3 weeks later...

No, there's no problem getting a taxi back to the ship. He will call one for you. As I said, Tony the owner knows everyone there and they respect him. He is very sweet and cares about the guests. The drive from the ship is 5 minutes tops.

We really enjoyed our day at Chukka beach. Really nice clean facilities and beach. The food (jerk chicken, rice, beans, salad, dessert) was really good but we would have liked a bit more spice. I know they make it that way to please everyone. The drinks were reasonable. I think we paid $37 for the day (not including alcohol) maybe the price went up? To me it was cheap considering it included transportation and lunch. There were only about 40 people there the day we went during spring break so not crowded at all. The tour on the bus before the beach was a waste of time to me. There is really not much of interest in the town.

Archived