QM2 Booking Question

Oca

My husband and I have never sailed on Cunard but are planning on taking a transatlantic next year. I have looked at the deck plans for the QM2 and we would like to book an inside cabin on Deck 5. I cannot figure out how to book a cabin on that Deck. How do I know what category the cabins on Deck 5 are. Are they D2, D3, D4, etc. or is it another type of category all together. When I tried to put in different cabin requirements, I seem to always be offered a cabin on Deck 4. Can someone help me please?

I am thinking that I may have to pick up the phone and call to make a booking, but I would prefer to do it online if possible.

Thank you in advance.

My husband and I have never sailed on Cunard but are planning on taking a transatlantic next year. I have looked at the deck plans for the QM2 and we would like to book an inside cabin on Deck 5. I cannot figure out how to book a cabin on that Deck. How do I know what category the cabins on Deck 5 are. Are they D2, D3, D4, etc. or is it another type of category all together. When I tried to put in different cabin requirements, I seem to always be offered a cabin on Deck 4. Can someone help me please?

I am thinking that I may have to pick up the phone and call to make a booking, but I would prefer to do it online if possible.

Thank you in advance.

If you search the deck plans and select a cabin that you like then go to booking and there is a box where you can insert that cabin number, if it is available you will get it. If not keep trying, btw deck 4 is fine as well

Thank you in advance.

Hi Oca,

There is no inside stateroom category on the QM2 which is unique to deck 5.

The inside stateroom categories on deck 5 are D1, D5, and D6. But there are also D1 and D5 category staterooms on deck 6 and there are D6 category staterooms on deck 4.

Most of the inside staterooms on deck 5 are category D5 (midship) and category D6 (forward and aft). The category D1 staterooms have a view overlooking the Atrium.

I know exactly what you mean, you can't tell the catagories by looking at the deck plans on the website. Bluemarble's info is right on but if you want to see where 'midship' begins and 'aft' ends for example (two different catagories)...

Below is a schematic of the QM2 from one of their brochures, you'll have to use the closeup feature (upper left) to see the cabins but it'll be helpful.

You can go to the website and download a brochure as well. Most of them have the ship's schematic at the end.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/cunard/voyages1112/#/82

...I am thinking that I may have to pick up the phone and call to make a booking, but I would prefer to do it online if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Oca. My experience has been that booking by phone is the way to go. I've only booked 9 cruises (8 on QM2). But in my limited experience, a good travel agent beats booking on line every time. Don't hesitate to phone more than one travel agent for a price quote as prices vary, and please don't be shy about asking whatever questions you might have before booking.

I don't know from what country you are placing your booking. Different conditions vary as pertain to price adjustments and cancellation depending on where the booking is made. -You are aware of this? Regards, -S.

Archived