Taxi or RC Shuttle

I seriously doubt you will get 5 people and luggage into one Taxi. Check in the baggage claim area as there are Shuttles which will handle 5 people from the airport to the port. I believe the cost is $8.00 per person.

I seriously doubt you will get 5 people and luggage into one Taxi. Check in the baggage claim area as there are Shuttles which will handle 5 people from the airport to the port. I believe the cost is $8.00 per person.

This will be our dilemma also - 5 persons with luggage. I've checked online about the various shuttle services and it seems from what I've read in previous threads here and from the companies themselves, they will often wait until the shuttle is full before leaving. They may not actually say that in their description, but people in previous threads have said that's what happens in reality. One site states" Due to the increasing cost of Fuel there will be a minimum number of passengers required before a van will depart to be determined by SAS and its management. " That is the problem with the shared shutttles.

With so little time, you may want to consider taking 2 taxis. The peace of mind would be worth the extra expense, at least to me, especially if your flight arrives a bit later than expected! Our flight arrives at 9:30 AM, so we have some time to spare and willl probably take a shuttle rather than split our group into 2 taxis.

Have you considered changing the time of your flight, or is it too expensive? That is cutting it close in case you encounter any delays.

Is there a lot of traffic getting into the port everglades? My flight arrive at 1:55pm at FLL airport. I heard that I need to be there at 3:30pm. I'm hoping to get a taxi with my family of 5. Do I have enough time to get to the port without any problem? People said it only takes 10 mins to get to the terminal at the port. Is that true?

Oh. My. Goodness. Are you serious? :eek: I'm actually scared for you and you should be too. Is there any way you can change this flight? This is the tightest connection I have ever read about on these boards. Not trying to freak you out but if there is a delay of any kind for any reason, you will be waving goodbye as your ship pulls out. I'm serious. This is way too close. The stress alone would kill me. PLEASE change this flight.

I seriously doubt you will get 5 people and luggage into one Taxi... I believe the cost is $8.00 per person (for a shuttle).

No no - this is still way more expensive than taking two cabs! $40 for 5 people, for a shuttle which you have to wait until it fills up... vs. $15 for each taxi which you can get in and go. Sorry - I definitely do not reccommend a shuttle bus unless it is a solo traveller.

It's too expenssive to switch flights now... Still trying to figure out if we will get stuck in traffic even if we arrive on time at 1:55pm.

More expensive than missing the ship and catching up at the first port? :confused:

OK, anyway, I've made my point and I hope in future you will give yourselves more breathing room. :) I understand some people can't fly in the day before, but 90 minutes before check-in cut off is just way too close.

A traffic jam between the airport and the pier? It's beyond your control anyway but thankfully it is a fairly short distance.

Have a good cruise. :)

Is there a lot of traffic getting into the port everglades? My flight arrive at 1:55pm at FLL airport. I heard that I need to be there at 3:30pm. I'm hoping to get a taxi with my family of 5. Do I have enough time to get to the port without any problem? People said it only takes 10 mins to get to the terminal at the port. Is that true?

HOLY COW, THAT'S A TIGHT SCHEDULE. If there's no way to change it, I'm sorry to just cause angst for no reason, but if you can possibly change that flight, I would. When you consider the time it takes to get to baggage claim, claim your bags, wait in line for a cab, you are cutting things very, very, very close. If even one thing goes wrong -- your flight is delayed by even 30 minutes, you can't locate a bag at the airport, the line for taxis is long -- you run a real risk of not making the ship, despite the fact that the airport is only ten minutes away. I would NEVER leave this small amount of time to get to the ship.

Like I said, don't mean to cause angst, and wish you the best of luck, but WOW!

There are several cab companies but they are all owned by the same organization. Just walk out of the baggage claim area and they will be lined up waiting for fares. You will be at the Port in about 10 minutes

This will be our dilemma also - 5 persons with luggage. I've checked online about the various shuttle services and it seems from what I've read in previous threads here and from the companies themselves, they will often wait until the shuttle is full before leaving. They may not actually say that in their description, but people in previous threads have said that's what happens in reality. One site states" Due to the increasing cost of Fuel there will be a minimum number of passengers required before a van will depart to be determined by SAS and its management. " That is the problem with the shared shutttles.

With so little time, you may want to consider taking 2 taxis. The peace of mind would be worth the extra expense, at least to me, especially if your flight arrives a bit later than expected! Our flight arrives at 9:30 AM, so we have some time to spare and willl probably take a shuttle rather than split our group into 2 taxis.

Have you considered changing the time of your flight, or is it too expensive? That is cutting it close in case you encounter any delays.

For your peace of mind you might be the one exception where I would book the ship's transportation to the pier from the airport. If for some reason your flight runs late they will wait for you.

There are several cab companies but they are all owned by the same organization. Just walk out of the baggage claim area and they will be lined up waiting for fares. You will be at the Port in about 10 minutes

Thank you, that answers my question!

For your peace of mind you might be the one exception where I would book the ship's transportation to the pier from the airport. If for some reason your flight runs late they will wait for you.

Not necessarily unless there are a whole lot of people coming in late will they wait. I can't imagine them holding up a bus load waiting for two or three people either and when the last bus leaves, it has left.

Tucker in Texas

Not necessarily unless there are a whole lot of people coming in late will they wait. I can't imagine them holding up a bus load waiting for two or three people either and when the last bus leaves, it has left.

Tucker in Texas

You are right they will not hold up a bus load of people but they will have a van or taxi for you depending on the size of your party.

Been there done that.

RCCL shuttles are for first timers.......or those that need to have their hands held.

Out of Ft. Lauderdale Airport.........take a taxi........it's cheaper than anything that RCCL offers!!:)

Rick

That certainly sums it up!:)

Just got back from the Serenade out of PR. If you're leaving from this port I would recommend NOT taking the RCI shuttle.

They separate you from your luggage, the luggage goes in a separate truck and we had to wait at the airport almost an hour till the truck with the luggage came since they fill up the truck before it leaves so there were numerous people waiting at the airport for their luggage which then has to go through USDA baggage check. It was not worth it unless you have a lot of time to spend at the airport.

Is there a flat rate from the airport to the port like in Miami?

Does anyone know if the cab fares from a hotel close to the airport (Hyatt Summerfield Suites Airport South to be exact) would be higher for three than $8 pp for a commercial shuttle the hotel contracts with?

Try priceline for a hotel. I got this one for $65 but it was a while ago.

Tucker in Texas

Archived