Florence - Cobbled Streets & Back Pain

russ331

Most of Italy has very uneven paving stones.. Rome is a night mare. It might not be cobbled but just broken and uneven... We did a walking tour and you do lots in Florence.. slow walkers do hold the party up...

I would make sure you wear good walking shoes any where in Italy !!! I saw many in flip flops go over !! and those in heals regret it as well..

Most of Italy has very uneven paving stones.. Rome is a night mare. It might not be cobbled but just broken and uneven... We did a walking tour and you do lots in Florence.. slow walkers do hold the party up...

I would make sure you wear good walking shoes any where in Italy !!! I saw many in flip flops go over !! and those in heals regret it as well..

Agreed! I learned the hard way deciding to go on an all-day Florence tour in sandals :eek:

They do edge on the side of being ultra cautious in their description of tours, in our experience. Probably they do not want customers cmplaining that the street was not dead flat but had a rise of a couple of inches somewhere alio its route.

I am not being facetious about this,one of us has a mobility problem and many times we have shied away from tours due to their description only to find that they would have been OK for BOTH of us.

Archived