Funniest Onboard Moments?

rcicrazy

On DH & my first cruise in 2005, we were getting all checked in @ the agents desk. After everything, the agen says "your cabin won't be ready until 1pm, why don't you go up to the Lido deck (yes, it was Carnival) and have some lunch" We smiled and thanked him...as we walked away DH said "Great, how much is that gonna cost us?" (seriously, he did) and you should have seen the poor agent about choke trying not to laugh:p Only then did my DH realize what he'd said and had the grace to look sheepish:o

Not sure how funny but it was amusing to some. We got into our cabins while still docked and turned on the television only to see that "Titanic" was airing on the local channels!

I would think that would not be a cruisers favorite movie to watch while on a cruise and figure the cruiseline was wishing like everything they could have done something about it but they had no control probably since we were still docked and it was on the local channels.

It provided quite a bit of conversation and chuckles among people throughout the week.

last year on a bermuda cruise on another line, we observed a woman at the buffet breakfast filling sanitary napkin bags with donuts. she filled at least a dozen bags, one donut per bag. she had quite a pile then she stuffed them all into her big purse....................i was stunned............:o

last year on a bermuda cruise on another line, we observed a woman at the buffet breakfast filling sanitary napkin bags with donuts. she filled at least a dozen bags, one donut per bag. she had quite a pile then she stuffed them all into her big purse....................i was stunned............:o

Ewwww...and I bet they all wound up in the trash can at the end of the gangway to get of the ship in port:eek: People can be so weird:confused:

On our Independence 2010 Transatlantic we were having a drink in the Pyramid lounge with hundreds of other Diamond members. Over the tannoy came "bravo, bravo, bravo deck 14". The room went silent. Several guests asked the crew what was happening and the word "fire" quickly spread around the room. The silence continued for approximately ten minutes when the Captain came on the tannoy saying "there has been a small fire on the golf deck but has been sorted by a quick thinking crew member who changed the light bulb". The room erupted with laughter and we all carried on drinking.

It was a little scarey to think that there was a fire onboard as we were 3 or 4 days out of Fort Lauderdale and miles from anywhere.

Pete & Carol

On our Independence 2010 Transatlantic we were having a drink in the Pyramid lounge with hundreds of other Diamond members. Over the tannoy came "bravo, bravo, bravo deck 14". The room went silent. Several guests asked the crew what was happening and the word "fire" quickly spread around the room. The silence continued for approximately ten minutes when the Captain came on the tannoy saying "there has been a small fire on the golf deck but has been sorted by a quick thinking crew member who changed the light bulb". The room erupted with laughter and we all carried on drinking.

It was a little scarey to think that there was a fire onboard as we were 3 or 4 days out of Fort Lauderdale and miles from anywhere.

Pete & Carol

I know exactly what you mean Pete & Carol....but what's a tannoy? Is it another word for loudspeaker? :) Thanks.

On our last cruise this past November as a group of us were enjoying sail-a-way, I got smacked in the head with a hat. I looked at a table next to ours and they just pointed to the upper deck and said they ran that way! After a while, and getting hit again, I realized that it was a few of my favorite cruising peeps that secretly booked the cruise to surprise us. The screams and squeals of delight pretty much started the party.

We found out that they went to the extreme of making sure that they could do muster in a different station. They were starving by sail-a-way time, because they even stayed away from the buffet so they wouldn't run into us before they could pull their big surprise.

Now, you know you're a lucky girl when you have cruising peeps (met here on CC) that will fly across the country just to surprise you on a cruise!

Thanks again, Carole, Billy Bob, and Patti. Y'all are the best! Me, Tony, Barb and Tom were truly surprised.

Not sure how funny but it was amusing to some. We got into our cabins while still docked and turned on the television only to see that "Titanic" was airing on the local channels!

I would think that would not be a cruisers favorite movie to watch while on a cruise and figure the cruiseline was wishing like everything they could have done something about it but they had no control probably since we were still docked and it was on the local channels.

It provided quite a bit of conversation and chuckles among people throughout the week.

I was on a Celebrity ship and Titanic was one of the in room movies. I thought it was a strange choice. They also had the stairway from the Titanic as a backdrop for the pictures. We still have the picture...

I was on a Celebrity ship and Titanic was one of the in room movies. I thought it was a strange choice. They also had the stairway from the Titanic as a backdrop for the pictures. We still have the picture...

One of my co-workers went on a cruise and chose the "Titanic" staircase as the backdrop for their formal night photo. She didn't actually realize what it was. And she is delighted, because it adds more to showing people the photo. :D:):D

Ewwww...and I bet they all wound up in the trash can at the end of the gangway to get of the ship in port:eek: People can be so weird:confused:

I bet they ended up in "the can" alright, but it wasn't the trash can. :eek: I think if someone went to all that trouble they ate them (and something tells me they probably would have a hard time sharing them with others).

One of my co-workers went on a cruise and chose the "Titanic" staircase as the backdrop for their formal night photo. She didn't actually realize what it was. And she is delighted, because it adds more to showing people the photo. :D:):D

So apparently it was not necessarily a fluke that it was showing.

I've got one of those and I still wonder at why they provide it.:D but I did it anyway.

I've got one of those and I still wonder at why they provide it.:D but I did it anyway. I recognized it right away.

I've got one of those and I still wonder at why they provide it.:D but I did it anyway. I recognized it right away.

I don't know. She is from the Philippines. I don't know if "Poseidon Adventure" and "Titanic" were quite as well known there. :) I still think that Poseidon Adventure is a little more disturbing cruise ship-wise....as far as disaster films go. :D:D

And BTW, I think "Strangest Cruise Ship Stories" was moved over here as well. And some of them are very, very funny....especially the photo of some of the artwork on Liberty OTS....you should see the alien lamb with fairy wings. :-)

At the Not-so-Newlywed game on the Spirit the wife of the married-the-middlest couple said that the parrot in their bedroom would repeat 'get it inside me!':eek: The look on the gal's face was priceless when she was told that the show gets replayed over and over and over again on the TV.

tannoy must be shorhand for To Annoy. Sometimes those announcements are really annnoying.

At the Not-so-Newlywed game on the Spirit the wife of the married-the-middlest couple said that the parrot in their bedroom would repeat 'get it inside me!':eek: The look on the gal's face was priceless when she was told that the show gets replayed over and over and over again on the TV.

tannoy must be shorhand for To Annoy. Sometimes those announcements are really annnoying.

LOL! :D That's hysterical about the parrot and the couple!

I thought the same thing when he called them that. :D

On formal night of our honeymoon cruise an older lady decked out in a lavish ballgown told my husband before we entered the dining room that he "really should be wearing a tie", I was shocked that someone would be so rude and I was about to say something but then she walked in front of us and we saw the whole back of her dress was tucked up into her granny panties!! We both burst out laughing! If she wouldn't have made that comment I probably would have helped her...instead we just watched as she paraded herself into the dining room :D

We were sitting in Lido having a cup of coffee with the Captain one afternoon. Obviously if he is out and about around the ship, he is in uniform.

A well dressed gentleman interrupted our conversation, looked at the Captain and asked if he 'worked here'. :rolleyes: Duh!!!!

DH and I had to staple our mouths shut to not make a 'smart comment'.

On formal night of our honeymoon cruise an older lady decked out in a lavish ballgown told my husband before we entered the dining room that he "really should be wearing a tie", I was shocked that someone would be so rude and I was about to say something but then she walked in front of us and we saw the whole back of her dress was tucked up into her granny panties!! We both burst out laughing! If she wouldn't have made that comment I probably would have helped her...instead we just watched as she paraded herself into the dining room :D

This is hilarious!!!

on our first cruise turned the tv on and they were playing titanic- i thought dh was going to get off the ship

on our last cruise- they showed poseidon adventure (right after we had been warned about galveston being fogged in)

Oh my word..... I forgot about Titanic. We saw it on Rotterdam for the first time. They played it over and over throughout our two weeks aboard. Started to really give me the creeps. :eek:

Don't you just love justice

Archived