ING Debit card for onboard purchases?

AndyB

Saving up for onboard expenses on our Nov 26 Eclipse cruise - we have ING savings accounts and just opened an Electric Orange checking to put cruise savings in,which comes with a mastercard debit card. I want to register that card for our onboard purchases, but not sure if Celebrity considers it a valid debit card. Should I be okay as long as it has a mastercard logo? Has anyone used ING card for their onboard purchases?

Thanks!

Andrea

Saving up for onboard expenses on our Nov 26 Eclipse cruise - we have ING savings accounts and just opened an Electric Orange checking to put cruise savings in,which comes with a mastercard debit card. I want to register that card for our onboard purchases, but not sure if Celebrity considers it a valid debit card. Should I be okay as long as it has a mastercard logo? Has anyone used ING card for their onboard purchases?

Thanks!

Andrea

As long as it's a Master Card, you should be good to go.

I assume you've read the posts about the disadvantages of using a debit card for your on board account. Personally, I would never do this. I'd give them a credit card for on shipboard account and then transfer the appropriate funds from the ING account to your checking account to pay the credit card bill. You have no protection when you use a debit card. They take your money and it's GONE. What if they screw up? With a credit card, you can dispute the transaction.

Archived