Excursion in Half Moon Cay

calico79

We are trying to save money on our cruise and I was wondering if Half Moon Cay is somewhere where we could skip an excursion and just enjoy what is there or whether it is something where we should book something for while we are there. This is going to be our honeymoon cruise. Just curious.

Of course! Consider HMC a beach day...there's no need to book a thing there! There are several beach areas, lots of sun and shade, and lunch is included in your day. Just like on the ship, you will pay for alcohol....so that may be the only expense you make!

Many folks will bring a cheap, blow-up float, so they don't have to "rent" one...

As far as excursions on other islands/ports, a guidebook will allow you to determine if you need to spend money at ANY port! Many times, it's just not necessary! Things like beaches and shopping are very easy (and cheap) to do on your own. But, you do need information on the ports you'll visit! Get a guidebook!!!

In the past I usually have done maybe one excursion for three stops and try to find things at the port to do without booking an excursion. I am trying to figure out where we can skip an excursion and do some exploring on our own.

I have a book that talks about ports of call, but it didn't have much on half moon cay, which is why I am asking. I have never been to a cruise lines private island before.

In the past I usually have done maybe one excursion for three stops and try to find things at the port to do without booking an excursion. I am trying to figure out where we can skip an excursion and do some exploring on our own.

I have a book that talks about ports of call, but it didn't have much on half moon cay, which is why I am asking. I have never been to a cruise lines private island before.

There are a lot of excursions on HMC, however I have not seen any that are "must do". Looking at your itinerary, to me, HMC would be the stop where you simply relax and enjoy a beach day.

Archived