Flying out of West Palm Beach, FL

gavann16

Hi everyone! I will sailing on the Solstice out of Ft. Launderale in 2 weeks (CANT WAIT)! We booked our return flight out of West Palm Beach because of the huge price difference. I am renting a car from Dollar rental because they have cheap rates for people renting for this purpose.

I was wondering if anyone else had decided to leave from West Palm and how the drive was.

Thanks!

Gina

As an alternative, and potential time saver, there is Tri Rail, which goes right from Port to West Palm Beach Airport.

It would be a cheap cab ride from the port right to the station, and then the free shuttle bus to the airport. Fare is $5pp

http://www.tri-rail.com/

As an alternative, and potential time saver, there is Tri Rail, which goes right from Port to West Palm Beach Airport.

It would be a cheap cab ride from the port right to the station, and then the free shuttle bus to the airport. Fare is $5pp

http://www.tri-rail.com/

An alternative, yes. A time saver, unlikely. Tri-Rail run=s every two hours on weekends (8:32, 10:32, 12:32) and takes just over an hour on the train. Connecting to it is not much different than rental.

An alternative, yes. A time saver, unlikely. Tri-Rail run=s every two hours on weekends (8:32, 10:32, 12:32) and takes just over an hour on the train. Connecting to it is not much different than rental.

I state "potential". But I have NO problem getting the 10:30a train, and it saves time for me, no picking up/returning rental car, getting gas etc. And the price can NOT be beat. :)

Hi everyone! I will sailing on the Solstice out of Ft. Launderale in 2 weeks (CANT WAIT)! We booked our return flight out of West Palm Beach because of the huge price difference. I am renting a car from Dollar rental because they have cheap rates for people renting for this purpose.

I was wondering if anyone else had decided to leave from West Palm and how the drive was.

Thanks!

Gina

PBI is a smaller airport than FLL, and so much easier to get in/out. All the rental car return locations are off-terminal, so make sure you allow up to 30 minutes for return then waiting for shuttle to take you to the terminal.

Atlernative is Port to Hollywoo/FLL Tri-rail station by cab, then Tril Rail to WPB, then bus or cab from the Tri-Rail station to PBI. Bus drops you off at terminal right next to the rental car shuttles.

We will be taking the bus/Tri-Rail/cab from WPB to Port Everglades for our cruise in a month.

I live in West Palm Beach, and have flown in and out of there a number of times. You'll find that it's a great airport, as it's much smaller, less crowded, and you generally breeze through check-in and security in no time. If you do decide to drive a rental, it's very quick access from the rental place to the airport.

Enjoy! :)

Archived