Helicopter Rides in February

lv2bgoofy

We just booked our cruise on the POA for February 18, 2012 :D - I know that the weather changes from day to day but was looking at doing the helicopter ride with Jack Harter - doors off and wondered if anyone had done this same tour around the same time this year and how cold it actually was up in the air...don't want to freeze and not enjoy myself while this experience is happening.

Thanks and I am compiling tons of information from all of you so thanks for all the trip reports and information.

Shannon

Hawaii is pretty warm all year around. IMHO the only reason one would consder doors off is that you absolutly must have clear non-reflecting pictures from hour DLSR and pro lens :D

IMHO the views were just as good from the fully enclosed chopper we took.

For sure doors off will be cooler and windy. Besure to bring a nice jacket!

Enjoy

We just booked our cruise on the POA for February 18, 2012 :D - I know that the weather changes from day to day but was looking at doing the helicopter ride with Jack Harter - doors off and wondered if anyone had done this same tour around the same time this year and how cold it actually was up in the air...don't want to freeze and not enjoy myself while this experience is happening.

Thanks and I am compiling tons of information from all of you so thanks for all the trip reports and information.

Shannon

Hawaii is pretty warm all year around. IMHO the only reason one would consder doors off is that you absolutly must have clear non-reflecting pictures from hour DLSR and pro lens :D

Thanks for answering....I am really into my photography as a big hobby and the other reason is the ride with doors off is only a 4 seater instead of a 6 seater and I don't want to risk not being able to get the shots that I want.

Archived