Just off Radiance, Short review

The good....wait staff, room steward, all crew excellent.

Did not eat in Chops Grille but did order a Filet from there for $14.95 in the main dining room. Very good steak, best meal of the cruise. The rest of the food so-so. Lobster was awful.

Entertainment....the usual bits. We've seen the jugler before, yawn, same stooge from the audience is always a lawyer.

The bad....deck 10 Jr. Suites, strong stench of mold outside in the hall. Also mold smells in several other areas.

Overall enjoyed the cruise as we usualy don't have demanding expectations. (could have done without the mold smell).

Radiance is scheduled for a face lift soon.

Did not eat in Chops Grille but did order a Filet from there for $14.95 in the main dining room. Very good steak, best meal of the cruise. The rest of the food so-so. Lobster was awful.

Entertainment....the usual bits. We've seen the jugler before, yawn, same stooge from the audience is always a lawyer.

The bad....deck 10 Jr. Suites, strong stench of mold outside in the hall. Also mold smells in several other areas.

Overall enjoyed the cruise as we usualy don't have demanding expectations. (could have done without the mold smell).

Were sailing next week staying in cabin 1602 deck 10 aft Junior Suite hopefully we won't have the same issues. :eek:

A bit more than a mere face lift. Radiance should be something special once all the new features are added. We were on Deck 9 and didn't detect any bad odors (mold or otherwise) and didn't have any similar reports from others who sailed with us. We did have a serious mold problem in our Constellation Sky Suite (Celebrity) a few years back so I know how disturbing that situation can be.:)

We were in cabin 1576 on deck 10 across from some crew facilities. Not sure if that was the source of the mold smell.

Indeed the Radiance is getting more than a face lift. Not really part of the review however. My understanding it will have some Celebrity touches etc.

One more bad. My wife needs to travel with her cpap machine. Our Jr. suite did not have plugs on the bed side. She requested a extention cord from the cabin steward twice and he indicated he would take care of it. He did not. My wife had to go down to the pursers desk to get one and had to put down a $25.00 deposit.

We had similar situation on Princess. Not only did we get the cord (no deposit), the cabin steward laid it down and taped it to the floor for her.

Did you smell the mold in your room or hallway or both?

Just in the hall and not all the time. We were concerned it might creep into the room, but did not. So ease your mind you'll be fine. I'm a former smoker and I seem to be more sensitive to smells oddly enough...especialy cigarette smoke. Unfortunately that too was a whif every now and then.

I was also on this cruise and could not smell mold or sewage anywhere on the ship...although I was on deck 7. For anyone interested in those balcony rooms on deck 7 that have the extended balcony....I loved them! We had rooms 7516 and 7518 (connected)...was great to lay out in the peace of my own balcony and get some sun. Sorry I don't have pictures but I know Bionicman posted great ones from his trip in December. It was a great 5 days.

Archived