Hotel Director Giuseppe Ginanneschi?

DrHemlock

I am pretty sure he was on the Silver Wind with us in February, on the round trip from/to Cape Town Feb 20 - March 2. We had dinner with him on one occasion, and he was very friendly, personable, had good taste in wine, etc... :)

He said that he's only working 3 months out of the year and will be home with his wife and 2 young children the rest of the time. So he may be hard to find.

However, I will confess that we kept confusing his name with Gianni, the hotel director aboard the Cloud last September... So I'll have to check my bulletins when I get home from work tonight and make sure I have the right Italian hotel director...:o. It's possible that I've transposed the two of them (we did have a lot of wine that night at dinner)!

I will confess that we kept confusing his name with Gianni, the hotel director aboard the Cloud last September... So I'll have to check my bulletins when I get home from work tonight and make sure I have the right Italian hotel director...:o. It's possible that I've transposed the two of them (we did have a lot of wine that night at dinner)!

Near the end of our July 2010 Silver Cloud cruise, we got to meet and work some with new Hotel Director Giuseppe Bagnato who was taking over for superstar Hotel Director Gianni Dotti. Is the right Giuseppe? We were very impressed with the wonderful qualities, leadership, people-skills for both Hotel Directors, plus the Executive Chef, Hotel Director and other nicely skilled staff members with Silversea.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 37,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

As we were docking in Bergen on July 14, here was the “LAST BREAKFAST” for super Hotel Director Gianni Dotti as he was back in civilian clothes and ready to fly out that morning for his son’s Saturday wedding near Mexico City. Also pictured is Captian Mino Pontillo, new Hotel Director Giuseppe Bagnato and the employee relations manager.:

CloudHotelDirChaning.jpg

When departing the Silver Cloud in Copenhagen, both Chef Douglas Hope and new Hotel Manager Giuseppe Bagnato were there, outside the ship, greeting and talking with passengers. Nice finishing touch.:

CloudFinalGoodBye.jpg

Near the end of our July 2010 Silver Cloud cruise, we got to meet and work some with new Hotel Director Giuseppe Bagnato who was taking over for superstar Hotel Director Gianni Dotti. Is the right Giuseppe? We were very impressed with the wonderful qualities, leadership, people-skills for both Hotel Directors, plus the Executive Chef, Hotel Director and other nicely skilled staff members with Silversea.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Thanks for the picture - that's definitely a different Guiseppe from the one who was on the Silver Wind with us in February. I did go back and check our Chronicles, and it was Guiseppe Ginanneschi as our hotel director on that trip.

So we can definitively answer DrHemlock that Guiseppe was sighted on the Wind.

Archived