Oceana E230 New Year 2012/13

capasamari

Rather put out this evening to see that the cheapest inside cabins are already showing as sold out, despite the cruise not going on sale until Friday 8th April, and thus the cheapest available fare is now £610pp not £399pp as previously advertised...:(

Carol x

Jo

Rather put out this evening to see that the cheapest inside cabins are already showing as sold out, despite the cruise not going on sale until Friday 8th April, and thus the cheapest available fare is now £610pp not £399pp as previously advertised...:(

Carol x

Try looking at other threads this is a p&o mess up the web site has been wrong since Friday. You will get the brochure price.

Gan canny

Dai

Thank you Dai, I had missed the previous discussions. I have registered with an agent for Friday morning. The website is now showing the brochure prices for this cruise, so hopefully is back to normal.

Carol x

Brochure price? not my understanding Dai, Bolsover told me that prices increased at midday yesterday for Adonia, the first day of booking for non-gold. the price they quote is the one one P&O's website, higher than the brochure.

We also would like to book the Oceana new year cruise and hope to get the brochure price friday am. I understand the cheapest grades have been sold to gold members and accept that, but will not pay higher than the brochure price.

Brochure price? not my understanding Dai, Bolsover told me that prices increased at midday yesterday for Adonia, the first day of booking for non-gold. the price they quote is the one one P&O's website, higher than the brochure.

We also would like to book the Oceana new year cruise and hope to get the brochure price friday am. I understand the cheapest grades have been sold to gold members and accept that, but will not pay higher than the brochure price.

I was referring to the situation over the weekend, the P&O website was showing the full price for all cruises. This was wrong.

You are always liable to fluid pricing if you are looking at a very popular cruise ie Oriana for the 175. The only way your cruise would go up is if it were heavily subscribed to by the Gold passengers. But that has always been the case. This year and for the past 8 years that I have been taking notice.

If you have pre booked then you should be alright. If you try to book on the day with a TA then you may pay more depending on how soon you can egt through.

If you want a particular cruise at the best price you should pre book. If you do not want to do this then it may be better to wait for the offers close to the cruise. Some people swear by this and never book early. I do not.

You have the choice. Pre book with a TA, pre book with P&O, try on the day or wait untill just before the cruise. If you want a "Bog standard" cruise then I do not think there is much in it and if you can be flexible then waiting becomes a more desirable option.

There are pitfalls in each method. Although P&O's pre registration offer of gaurenteed cabin grade or free upgrade looked fair if you wanted a particular cruise but were not concerned about the position of the cabin.

As I have said it is your choice. Book early or book late, but do not book in the middle as that is when prices are at their highest.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Thanks Dai my misunderstanding, I always thought the brochure price was good for a period, never sure what though, still a funny way to trade. In our business, Insurance, we give quotes that are valid for 30 days, even then the customer can change their mind within 14 days of purchase and get most of their money back.

I've just been told by my travel agent to make a decision as to how high a price I am prepared to pay for the Oceana 4-night New Year 2012 cruise and let them know by tomorrow lunchtime.

They quoted the £399 inside cabins going up to £610 more or less straight away this morning for the 4-night July cruise.

My problem is we are going with two other couples so it's not that easy to decide when to bale out.

Carol x

progress.gif

Happily we have got all three cabins booked for the brochure price: £439 pp for an OC inside and £559pp for an LB outside. Mum and dad even got the specific cabin number they'd requested.

The P&O website has been all over the place today: at 9a.m. all balconies and outsides showed as sold out, but at lunchtime they were showing as available again. All insides are sold out. The travel agent said the prices did go up once booking opened, then they went down, then they started to go up again but some were sold out by then. What a palaver!

We can relax now and enjoy the other holidays in between!

Carol x

That would be great!

It was a real dilemma wondering whether to go ahead and book if some of us didn't get what we wanted, but the agents knew the score and came up trumps for us all.

I hope your friends got what they wanted as well.

Carol x

That would be great!

It was a real dilemma wondering whether to go ahead and book if some of us didn't get what we wanted, but the agents knew the score and came up trumps for us all.

I hope your friends got what they wanted as well.

Carol x

Uhmm - still not heard from them yet !! Oh well - there are still two of us going.

Archived