But I don't WANNA smuggle booze onboard!!!!!

Cerinda

I just rang HAL (using the 800 number on the downloadable gift order form) to have a bottle of bourbon delivered to our stateroom for sailaway next Wednesday.

They stock Jim Beam and Jack Daniels but not Maker's Mark.

I asked the cheerful HAL employee on the line if there was some way she could special order that particular brand. "Not if it's not on the list." Even though I know it's served in all the bars onboard? No, but maybe room service will have it. Is there any way to find out? No. Is there anything I else I can do to place an order? No.

Surely there's SOME way to get a bottle of readily available bourbon! Maybe I shouldn't plan on ordering mixers from room service either?

Can anyone suggest a different approach? ;)

On our January 05 Veendam cruise my DH bought a bottle of Maker's Mark at the Ocean Bar (they do the room service as well at this bar on VDam... so not sure it could be done a ALL bars ....) and they kept it behind the bar for him.

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

You called?

:rolleyes: -dave

First a Doctor and now a HAL Spy ???? Uh, now me thinks there are many Dave's inside of Dave! hehehehe :)

Nawwwwwww Nancy, nothing ever gets spread around on these boards :p

It's safe, we won't tell. And it's not like we are all going to show up on the same cruise next month and all give away your secrets by doing what you suggest in one "swell foop". So, c'mon, tell us!

Take care,

Emmie

Archived