How close to a cruise can you book?

I THINK that they have to turn the manifest over to the Homeland Security people at least 24 hours early (I thought it was 2 or 3 days but was corrected before). I sure hope your DH is going to surprise you with a cruise!!

So we booked within the same week 5 days to be exact.

yeah I just checked out of curiosity and there is still a booking available on Freedom for 4-10-11.

I think at some point inside 5 days though you would likely have to call RC direct and book......I dont have a clue how close to sail date they still let you book online.

I know personally my DH and I booked on a Monday and sailed on a Sat. So we booked within the same week 5 days to be exact.

You beat us by a day, we booked on a Monday and sailed the following Sunday.

Fastest planning of a cruise/airfare I have ever done. Exciting but not sure I would try it again, well, unless we get one of the best deals EVER as we did the last time. ;)

Tim

In actuality, the ship needs to submit their APIS information to the government ONE hour before sailing. The ships want you on an hour and a half before sailing just in case. You can still book the day before sailing; I have had a single request for a same day cruise in the last couple of years (it was for a HAL sailing), and they were going to let the person purchase the cabin, but the price was an issue...:rolleyes:

Archived