Prepaid beverage cards, yes or no

suek113

I am trying to pay some of the cost of our cruise ahead if I can. This way the bill is a bit smaller when I get home. So I was considering buying a prepaid beverage card. One that we could use for any type of beverage we would want. This way I pay now instead of later. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Does it seem like a silly idea? Just not sure if having to use another card would be a nuisance. All opinions welcome.:)

Lots of people do it, for the reason you state, as well as other reasons. It isn't a silly idea at all.

It would be helpful if you specify the cruise line, because the policies and availabilities vary, and it may be a better or worse idea, depending on the cruise line.

Having another card wouldn't be a nuisance. Depending which line you're on, you might not have an extra card anyway, it might be on your cruise card. And the inconvenience of having to hand over one card instead of another card when you buy, is negligible.

All it depends on is how much you're going to drink. And only you can answer that one.

Lots of people do it, for the reason you state, as well as other reasons. It isn't a silly idea at all.

It would be helpful if you specify the cruise line, because the policies and availabilities vary, and it may be a better or worse idea, depending on the cruise line.

Going on Holland America to Bermuda! May 29th, can not wait. :D

I am trying to pay some of the cost of our cruise ahead if I can. This way the bill is a bit smaller when I get home. So I was considering buying a prepaid beverage card. One that we could use for any type of beverage we would want. This way I pay now instead of later. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Does it seem like a silly idea? Just not sure if having to use another card would be a nuisance. All opinions welcome.:)

Going on Holland America to Bermuda! May 29th, can not wait. :D

hal's beverage cards:

$50.00 Beverage Card cost $45.00

$50.00 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card cost $45.00 (use for coffee in the explorations cafe)

$100.00 Beverage Card cost $90.00

$50.00 Soda Card cost $25.00

The soda card costs $25 but has a face value of $50. Each time you buy a soda with it $2.24 ($1.95 + 15%) is deducted from the value. $50/$2.24 = 22 cans, with $0.72 left over. You can use that $0.72 with $1.52 on your room key card (or another soda card) to get another can.

• 2 months later...

Archived