Carnival Dream

jenniej61

That's a real bummer!! I'm sorry to hear that OP. I sailed the Western Caribbean on the Dream last year, we made all the ports except for Costa Maya. I remember being really bummed out since that was one of the ports we were excited to visit. It seems like the Dream is having real issues docking at Isla Roatan, and it's such a beautiful island (it was my favorite). Too bad they couldn't take you guys to an alternative port, the ports surrounding Isla Roatan may be full with other ships or there may not be enough time! Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise though.

It's impossible to substitute another port for one that just canceled... You'd have to steam all day to make it to any replacement port and then you would have no time there.

I have heard of Carnival docking at Coxen Hole when it's too windy to dock at Mahogany Baby but there's a capacity issue there. They likely couldn't get in...

:)

I sure hope we can dock in Costa Maya tomorrow. If not, I would have to say the whole trip has been a bust. While the Dream has some nice attributes, the number of people (4500 on this sailing) is a big draw back. There is nowhere to sit around the pool and way too many uncontrolled kids.

I understand the reason not to dock. At the same time, I booked a cruise with 4 ports and you are not giving me that. I asked at the desk what their position was on that and was advised that they have the right to do so and there is no rebate or credit but I have been told by others that they are supposed to refund the docking charge. I guess we'll see!

I sure hope we can dock in Costa Maya tomorrow. If not, I would have to say the whole trip has been a bust. While the Dream has some nice attributes, the number of people (4500 on this sailing) is a big draw back. There is nowhere to sit around the pool and way too many uncontrolled kids.

I understand the reason not to dock. At the same time, I booked a cruise with 4 ports and you are not giving me that. I asked at the desk what their position was on that and was advised that they have the right to do so and there is no rebate or credit but I have been told by others that they are supposed to refund the docking charge. I guess we'll see!

You will get the port fees back but you explicitly agreed when you booked your cruise (via your cruise contract) that Carnival reserved the right to cancel ports. It sucks, but they owe you nothing "extra."

Remember, any day on a cruise is better than a day at work!!!

And, that may be true but I paid for this cruise and I'll pay for the next....if I am not happy, my money goes elsewhere and that's what every company out there should remember!

Maybe you should consider another type of vacation because on any cruiseline it would be the same.

They have no control over the weather, it's a chance you take......sorry.....:rolleyes:

Maybe you should consider another type of vacation because on any cruiseline it would be the same.

They have no control over the weather, it's a chance you take......sorry.....:rolleyes:

Maybe I should and maybe I should consider another message board because there damn sure isn't any support here just a bunch of people wanting to tell me how wrong I am!

Maybe I should and maybe I should consider another message board because there damn sure isn't any support here just a bunch of people wanting to tell me how wrong I am!

It's just that a lot of people come on here complaining about things on cruises and they are so angry that the cruiseline didn't pay them off. A lot of folks don't read their cruise contract before cruising. Please, before booking future cruises on any line, thoroughly read your contract. It will save you a lot of heartache.

JENNIEj61!!! I feel really bad for you! We do sign that agreement & hope it won't happen to us. My sister went on a cruise about 10 years ago and it rained EVERY single day! They had about an hour of sun the whole week! (so it could be worse) Find a deck away from the pool (I hear they are less crowded) and enjoy your cruise!! It sucks, I know! But HAVE FUN!!! (I have to go to work tomorrow, :( I'll be thinking of you! I go in August and am a little nervous about what the crowds will be like. We have 3 kids who will hopefully cooperate!:cool:

Jenniej61, don't let this set back ruin your vacation. Step back, take a deep breath, have a DOD. Vacations are to short to let circumstance or other's opinions get in the way. Enjoy the rest of the cruise, and if you missed this stop this time, it's just another excuse to book again to get to see it the next time. Maybe consider a different ship. The size of the Dream causes problems often at Mahogony Bay if theer are weather issues.

And, that may be true but I paid for this cruise and I'll pay for the next....if I am not happy, my money goes elsewhere and that's what every company out there should remember!

Every cruise line has exactly the same clause in their contract. It's impossible to guarantee that you will be able to make this port or that port. It's all a function of the weather and the sea... not even Carnival can control that...

Dear OP...I can totally understand your frustration....anyone would want to visit all the ports they have paid for to visit....and being stuck in a ship with thousands of other people just as annoyed or frustrated can't be much fun :(..... not to mention the serious case of cabin fever building up, yikes !! I do hope you find a way to enjoy the rest of your trip and that the next one is better.

Hope the ship can dock in Costa Maya.....I was there a few years ago and the water was absolutely beautiful...but I do remember how strong the water is there too, not sure if it was just extra windy that day...but the ship was still able to dock and we had an awesome time.

Hang in there....take a break at the Serenity or the Spa...that's always nice :)... Can't wait for my turn in just a few weeks !!!

That usually happens during a Spring Break cruise! I hope it gets better for you.

It's unfortunate you the ship didn't doc in Honduras. I'm researching were to go while we are there in July. It seems like its going to be a great port. Enjoy your day at sea and make the best of it.

...and maybe I should consider another message board because there damn sure isn't any support here just a bunch of people wanting to tell me how wrong I am!

Good luck with that. Have you seen the other cruise message boards?

First formal night was the first night at sea. Not sure if last one is the last night or the 2nd to last.

As to future cruises, yes, a smaller boat all around. Last one was on RCI, Enchantment, liked it much more than the larger ship. Live and learn!

That is a bummer, but going on a cruise is a risk, Your in a ocean in a boat, safty of everyone is the main concern. I understand your mad at Carnival, thinking they should give you something for not getting to go to that port. Nothing wrong with writing a letter to the company and saying how you feel , but there are so many things to do on the ship, yes its crowded but your on vacation, there is no certain time you have to be anywhere. Together with your family or friends . I have heard stories about people having to be out at sea longer because of bad weather and people being sea sick everywhere, it could of been worse. I am not a expert , Im getting ready to go on my 3rd cruise in May, I love going to all the shows, going to the main dinning rooms for meals, room service, Its a bummer but it could of been worse, and surly being on vacation is better then working...its in there contract and we all agree to it , but I dont know how you feel because it has not happen to me yet, but I am sorry...I hope you will be able to remember some good things..

I have heard of Carnival docking at Coxen Hole when it's too windy to dock at Mahogany Baby but there's a capacity issue there. They likely couldn't get in...

Yep, looks like the Valor was in MBCC and Voyager of the Seas in Coxen Hole today. The Valor was scheduled to get in after the Dream and leave after. Would be a bit difficult for th eDream to get out around th eValor if the Dream backed in first.

I think Carnival is addressing this down the road, I know from roll calls they are changing the Dream's Western itinerary in June, if not earlier, for Roatan and Belize, so that the Dream is the only ship scheduled on the island.

u been on the dream 3 times wow

Twice...3rd one up to bat in June. DW loves, as in <3 <3 <3 the spa on the Dream:rolleyes:

Personally, I love sea days. Generally don't travel during spring break like jennie and the other thread complaining about the crowds. But, if she will look around she'll find there are places away from the crowds and ways to circumvent the lines, like alternate eating spots, and not trying to get in the burrito line or monogolian wok line right at noon. Or go with someone and one of you grab icecream cones to lick on while waiting in line. You're at sea! You're on vacation! You don't have to worry about punching the clock back in before your lunch hour is up. And you're probably turning too many shades of red from the sun anyway. So why care about a few minutes wait. People wait for restaurant seating 45 minutes to an hour every week back home and you don't see them grousing about it in forums.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise. Hey last time I was on RCCL, I missed a port because of weather, didn't let it faze me. I made the best of our extra sea day, it's really all you can do. I was disappointed, however I didn't let it upset me. I look at it like this, I am on vacation, I am not going to let anything upset or stress me out, I get enough of that at home!

Archived