Allure Highs, Lows, suggestions

Highs-

• Geovani's restaurant is really great. Staff is wonderful.
  • Captain Zini is the best..the guy is everywhere mingling with passengers, loves his job. Never have I seen a Captain devote this much time to guests.
  • All Shows are wonderful, even the comedy show had people rolling.
  • My table server team was simply outstanding.
  • Love the running track, you can run all day on it as the design has you out of the wind and in the shade.
  • Conceirge Club room unreal views. Staff incredible.
  • Labadee Cabana- first time with one of those and I will buy one again. Totally different experience.

Lows-

• Falmouth...what a joke. Not complete. Outside the fence it is a free for all. The usual Jamaica crowd using every creative way in the book to mooch a dollar off you. Even had a lady inform me she was a prostitute and to follow her to check out what she had to offer. RCCL Stop going there until it is complete. All it is right now is a staging area to cart you to one of the other port cities. Ridiculous.
  • My room steward. The worst one I have had on Royal Caribbean. Guy did not make my room up one day, another day he did the room and left the trays of food on the balcony on yet another I had to search for him late in the day (2pm) for a room cleaning. Never brought me anything on time such as invites, clothes, dry cleaning, coupon books. Always on someones balcony on his cell phone. Never in the passageway like all the other attendants. I thought the best of the best was on the new ship? Somehow this guy slipped through the cracks.

Suggestions-

• Don't charge me for a kid that is potty trained and weeks away from 3 years old, you need to fix this issue. You do not have the facility for the tween 2-3 year olds. It is set up for babies/infants only. Suggest you lower the age to 2 like your competition.

• Running track, while great, you have runners to the inside and walkers to the outside. Problem is, walkers need to be on the inside closer to the door so when they walk off the track they are not getting creamed by runners coming up from the inside. Simple solution, swap the lanes.

Highs-

• Geovani's restaurant is really great. Staff is wonderful.
  • Captain Zini is the best..the guy is everywhere mingling with passengers, loves his job. Never have I seen a Captain devote this much time to guests.
  • All Shows are wonderful, even the comedy show had people rolling.
  • My table server team was simply outstanding.
  • Love the running track, you can run all day on it as the design has you out of the wind and in the shade.
  • Conceirge Club room unreal views. Staff incredible.
  • Labadee Cabana- first time with one of those and I will buy one again. Totally different experience.

Lows-

• Falmouth...what a joke. Not complete. Outside the fence it is a free for all. The usual Jamaica crowd using every creative way in the book to mooch a dollar off you. Even had a lady inform me she was a prostitute and to follow her to check out what she had to offer. RCCL Stop going there until it is complete. All it is right now is a staging area to cart you to one of the other port cities. Ridiculous.
  • My room steward. The worst one I have had on Royal Caribbean. Guy did not make my room up one day, another day he did the room and left the trays of food on the balcony on yet another I had to search for him late in the day (2pm) for a room cleaning. Never brought me anything on time such as invites, clothes, dry cleaning, coupon books. Always on someones balcony on his cell phone. Never in the passageway like all the other attendants. I thought the best of the best was on the new ship? Somehow this guy slipped through the cracks.

Suggestions-

• Don't charge me for a kid that is potty trained and weeks away from 3 years old, you need to fix this issue. You do not have the facility for the tween 2-3 year olds. It is set up for babies/infants only. Suggest you lower the age to 2 like your competition.

• Running track, while great, you have runners to the inside and walkers to the outside. Problem is, walkers need to be on the inside closer to the door so when they walk off the track they are not getting creamed by runners coming up from the inside. Simple solution, swap the lanes.

Thanks for the great concise list!! Sounds like overall you had a great cruise. I am surprised by the room steward, the one we had on Oasis was absolute phenomenal. Saw him everyday but he was never intrusive and made up our rooms morning and night. Sad that they are not as all dedicated to their jobs.

Also, glad to hear the Labadee cabanas were on the hit list. We are planning on renting one in November :D And that is our only plans for getting off the ship!

•  

Could you please expand on this comment. About to sail with our toddler in May and curious about this charge you mentioned as well as only being set up for babies/infants. Thanks! :confused:

Could you please expand on this comment. About to sail with our toddler in May and curious about this charge you mentioned as well as only being set up for babies/infants. Thanks! :confused:

I have sailed Oasis and Allure recently. They have a royal nursery onboard. The room is an open room with a tv and has infant type toys, a rocking chair and has a half wall down one side which has small cribs used for sleeping babies. They also have small crawler like high chairs to feed the little ones. Usually at least two adventure ocean staff are in the room. If your child is under 3 you will be allowed 20 hours use of the facility at a cost of 8.00 per hour. My issues are the fact the room is set up and maintained for under 2 year olds. My Active toddler over the age of 2 was bored stiff. Complained each night she did not want to go. Something she never does. She is potty trained,could and should be in the 3-5 year old at NO EXTRA CHARGE. There is no justification for a potty trained 2+ year old to be charged over a 3 year old who may or not be trained. NCL EPIC (I sailed in July) allows 2 year olds in kids club at no charge and every aspect of their system was absolutely wonderful. I only have a couple more weeks before it no longer will be an issue for me but it has cost me a lot the past couple years (she has completed 13 cruises) and with RCCL I was not getting value. The staff are wonderful and do a great job. RCCL is a leader in the industry with its cruise innovations. The current system needs tuning.

Archived