Ultimate Ship Tour

mulliganmonkey

I took the tour on the Crown last November. I asked to have the robe changed to the waffle weave one. They would not do it. And the waffle weave is cheaper if you were to buy it.

And for some reason when we did it on the Crown, we were given waffle weave robes even though we had been expecting the plush ones.

Last year on the Ruby we received only the waffle robe when we were entitled to the more expensive robe, and only on the last day after multiple requests. Princess Hq was not much help until I faxed them the Princess poop sheet which said deluxe robes.

Someone posted that the price of the UST is $150 per person. I've heard rave reviews, but wow, $300 for a couple sure does sound like a lot. I didn't realize it was that expensive. Is that the correct price?

Would someone who doesn't speak English still be able to enjoy the tour? I think my dad would really enjoy the tour, but he speaks very limited English and I fear if there is to much talking to translate it all, he wouldn't get to much out of it.

Someone posted that the price of the UST is $150 per person. I've heard rave reviews, but wow, $300 for a couple sure does sound like a lot. I didn't realize it was that expensive. Is that the correct price?

Yes, that is the correct per person price. DH did it on the Golden in Feb, and was fascinated by it. I wasn't that interested in seeing it all, and decided it was too pricey to do it "just because", so I spent the morning reading instead. The robe is wonderful .... course DH didn't get to keep that for himself!! :p I deserved something for staying behind on the balcony in the peace & quiet... :D

Think of it as a great "shore excursion", but on the ship. Many people do pay $150 each for shore excursions, and they don't get a robe and chef's jacket with it.

Years ago my parents took a tour of the kitchen and said it was fabulous. Is this "free" activity no longer offered since it's part of the Ultimate Ship Tour?:(

There is still a free tour of the galley, usually on the last sea day and it is after the cooking demo in the Princee Theater.

The problem with the free tour is that you really do not see food preparation in progress.

The UST tour of the galley is usually led by the head chef who will answer any questions you have. You also get to tour the food storage areas on the UST.

The tours vary with the ship and the staff conducting them. On our tour we did spend over 4 hours and visited all the production areas (theatre stage, sound and lighting demonstration, dressing area and conversation with a couple of the production dancers), the forward anchor and lines area, the crew living area, the photography print area, the ship patter/menu/everything else printing area, all the main galley locker areas with a complete explination of the food planning process, the ship's laundry area, the engine control room, the bridge area and finally we climbed up to the engine stack area which is the highest point of the ship. We got to meet all the officers along with all the department heads and had a lot of quality time with the Captain. The only areas we couldn't go to were the engine room (too hot and a security issue) and the medical center because there was an emergency being attended to otherwise it was on the agenda. We were treated to champagne at the end and more Q&A with the tour guide who was on of the CD's assistants. Our plush robe, chefs jacket and photos of the the tour were delivered to the cabin that evening.

The places we went are places a passenger doesn't get to see other than the quick tour of the galley area that is scheduled during the cruise.

For anyone that loves ships and wonder how they do all they can do this is a must.

Archived